Anyone remember this?

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
What has/is happened/happening with Flamingo Crossings?

http://www.flamingocrossingsfl.com/index.html

Capture6-27-2011-4.56.06%20PM.jpg

Capture6-27-2011-4.54.39%20PM.jpg

Capture6-27-2011-4.55.23%20PM.jpg

Maybe the ABDers can ask this when they're at Imagineering next month.

I don't know how credible this blog is but it claims to quote Dave Smith (dated 11/17/10):

Q: I just returned from Walt Disney World. During our trip, the staff at our time share shared with us that a new park is currently under development and will be called Flamingo Cove. As a D23 Member and subscriber to the Disney Parks Blog, I have not heard or seen anything about this new park. Although this might not be a true "archive" type question, I was hoping you could give some insight as to what the theme of this park is going to be and when it is expected to open.
Lindsay, Indianapolis, Indiana

A [Dave Smith]: It is Flamingo Crossings, and it is not a theme park but rather a lodging and shopping district planned on the Walt Disney World property near State Road 429 and Western Way. The development is planned to be built in phases over 8-10 years, and, according to the announcement, it will feature value-oriented hotels and motels, along with fast-food and casual dining restaurants, and shops offering wares such as groceries, toiletries, and basic clothing.

A grocery store alone would make it awesome! Especially if it can be reached by bus. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter