Anyone manage to get plastic AP if so where?

I'm very confused. I posted the above post yesterday, but it says someone named Donaldjack posted it. Why is that?

Spammer in the making was my guess - I reported it earlier. I think he's been banned/blocked because when I tried to look at his other posts, there are no search results.

Spammer in the making was my guess - I reported it earlier. I think he's been banned/blocked because when I tried to look at his other posts, there are no search results.

But why would my post show up as his post?

... He said, "I can't believe they are still doing this." Huh? He said they should never issue APs at the concierge desks- because if you ever lost the pass, it is not tied into the same computer system as the parks, and the parks would have no record of your AP to reissue it. ....

"still" doing it? They only recently *started* doing it.

Sounds more like CM user error to me.

I'd say that's wise, Granny! I've never figured out why anyone thinks the plastic is better than the tyvek anyway. They wrap houses in Tyvek, so it should be tough enough for an AP!;)

We always order ours online and exchange the voucher at guest services at the first park we attend. We've been getting APs for about 14 years now, and I've never had an issue with one disintegrating. We HAVE had to get them replaced for getting demagnatized from being near a cell phone though. I'm the one who usually forgets and puts it in the same pocket with my phone. :(

See, Diane? your post is still there. spammer just copied part of it. :)

Have to agree with Diane and the others, changing to plastic will not prevent the problem of demagnatize or falling apart.

Yeah I'll stick with the tyvek. The only time I've had problems with a tyvek AP is when it got wet and my friend tried to iron it. It is not recommended to try and iron a Tyvek pass.

Guest Services was happy to issue a new one.

My "Premier passport" is plastic. Thing is a piece of junke and has been replaced four times (since March and it's not like I am there that often) It loses the connection to the "Disneyland photo" (done that several times) and just can't be read by the WDW machines (flies though them without stopping for example)

Prior to this I had the old paperstock. Can't wait to get it back. It worked great! I only replaced it when I lost it! LOL!

Personally I never had any problems when I use to have my Magic Your Way tickets on a seperate plastic resort card.

Now since I got my Annual Pass I always had it on the Tyvek paper and had to replace it at least two times.

I thought about getting my most recent Annual Pass from the Lobby Concierge or Club Level lounge when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn this past August/September, however I decided to keep getting it on the Tyvek paper because it's easier to replace at the Theme Parks if there is a problem with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter