Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!

If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!

If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!

My hope is to tinker and see what is available...so I do want to get a login established. If nothing else though, yes... I should be able to call and make a reservation tomorrow. At least... I hope.

Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!

Call MS tomorrow & give them your member #. They will get you all set up so you can start making reservations. Enjoy & congrats!

Membership number received- club id aquired- activation code granted......

Today will be the day I finally book!!!

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play :)

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play :)

So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!

So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!

Congrats and have fun both planning and taking your trips.:)

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?

If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.

I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!

Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!

I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!

If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.

Thanks for the help! I read through some of the cancelation policy... kinda makes sense.

I had not thought to pick up one day at a time. That could be the route I take. I just don't want to end up with days that I have nothing! My husband is not a fan of split stays...so not sure if piecing together would get me the same room? I was looking at a 1brm at OKW... the nights I needed were there for two nights in a one near the hospitality house, but then the other nights were only in one not near the hospitality house. Tad frustrating... wish a 1br was a 1br...

Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.

I will have to keep that in mind... especially if I have to pick up a day or two here or there. Thanks :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Thanks for the help! I read through some of the cancelation policy... kinda makes sense.

I had not thought to pick up one day at a time. That could be the route I take. I just don't want to end up with days that I have nothing! My husband is not a fan of split stays...so not sure if piecing together would get me the same room? I was looking at a 1brm at OKW... the nights I needed were there for two nights in a one near the hospitality house, but then the other nights were only in one not near the hospitality house. Tad frustrating... wish a 1br was a 1br...

:goodvibes

Once you start picking up days, you can pick up better days, and discard as you see the opportunity to form patterns. Sort of like playing cards. You have to have something in your hand to match and then discard the nonmatching cards. By doing this, I managed to put together a few days at AKL and 4 days at GFV!

Once you start picking up days, you can pick up better days, and discard as you see the opportunity to form patterns. Sort of like playing cards. You have to have something in your hand to match and then discard the nonmatching cards. By doing this, I managed to put together a few days at AKL and 4 days at GFV!

:rotfl: That sounds like just the kind of game I love!!

So glad you are finally there. Congrats and welcome home!!!!

I hope that now all is resolved ( sorry haven't read all the way through) and yes Having your member number on the card is now a formality and well you need it for your discounts but you can now access the website and book. :cool1:

So glad you are finally there. Congrats and welcome home!!!!

I hope that now all is resolved ( sorry haven't read all the way through) and yes Having your member number on the card is now a formality and well you need it for your discounts but you can now access the website and book. :cool1:

thank you so much.

So my timeline in case anyone is curious...

4/17 - offer made and accepted.
4/22 - contract received
4/23 - contract signed and sent back with deposit
4/24 - sent to Disney for ROFR
5/23 - passed ROFR
6/10 - closing documents received
6/13 - closing documents and final payment overnighted to Fidelity
6/14 - closing documents arrive to Fidelity
6/20 - notified that closing was near complete and that Disney was notified of new ownership
7/1 - deed recorded
7/5 - membership number received in mail
7/6 - club id acquired and online account set up.

Now to just make that first reservation!

After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter