Anyone know the status of the Rehitching Ceremony?

degrapevine

Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
DH and I are going to be at Disney this week with the kids and made PS for the Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grille in Epcot on Saturday. When we made our PS, we asked about the Rehitching Ceremony and the CM took our information, indicating that it was still being done. Now I hear that it may no longer be available? We were doing the Ice Cream Social primarily for the Rehitching, to celebrate our 15th anniversary with our kids. Is the Rehitching still done at all or has it changed somehow? If it's no longer available, we may just nix the PS and have Mickey bars somewhere ($35 can buy a lot of snacks)! Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Bumping up ... Someone must know if they've done this recently! Please help :)

I know that in our systems in the notes for the Ice Cream Social it does say that the ceremony is no longer offered but I don't know if that includes people who alreayd had it booked. I can check at work on Thursday or if you need to know sooner just call the dine number and ask.

Chik -- Do your notes indicate if it's not available for any of the meals or just the ice cream social? I was hoping to do the rehitching ceremony on Valentine's Day at the character lunch.

Thanks!

I've been told that the Re-hitching ceremony has officially been stopped at all meals, not just the Ice Cream Social.

As it was a free 'perk' anyhow I'm specuating that they won't honor it for anyone who already has it noted on their PS as my understanding of the reason it's been cancelled was due to a number of complaints rather than cut-backs.

rkrivas said:
Chik -- Do your notes indicate if it's not available for any of the meals or just the ice cream social? I was hoping to do the rehitching ceremony on Valentine's Day at the character lunch.

Thanks!

I believe that the Garden Grill will be closed on Valentine's day as the entire land pavillion will be down from Jan - March.

Sorry

Yes, I know for a fact they have stopped the re hitching. Your server will announce your anniversary and still bring you a cake but they had some bad experiences with rehitching. If they did it for one person they had to do it for everyone and some families found it offensive with same sex marriages and the kiss and the end of the rehitching. This is one of the reasons it was stopped.

Thats a bummer. I was hoping to do it this year at the Ice Cream Social because when I booked it at the time they were still offering it. We never got a chance to do it as hubby got sick that day. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter