anyone know how to make a purse?

cryssi

<font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look
I'm thinking about making a dolphin purse for DH's cousin. I know, it's not disney, but I'll be sure to put a hidden mickey on it! LOL

Anyway, I'm planning to make it in the shape of a dolphin, maybe a little bit of stuffing, some beads/sequins/rhinestones, and a clasp. I've been looking for small, plain, metal purse frames and found some places online, but does anyone know if I can find those at like walmart, michaels, joann? One place that I like online has a minimum order of $25...I only need 1 $4 frame...

Well, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with shaped purses. I'll be sure to post pics when or if I get around to making it!

I probably wouldn't use a frame - just make it like a stuffed animal only with a lining instead of stuffing and an extra flap to fold over to one side, maybe shaped like it's front fin.

hmm, I considered that. Actually, as I was walking to walmart during lunch, I thought I might make it more structured, and use plastic pieces to make it a harder purse and more 3D. You can't sew plastic, though...is there such a thing as fabric tape, something flexible yet strong that won't tear. I want to attach the plastic pieces together, then add the stuffing and fabric skin on the outside...

hmm, well, it evolves every day. DH's cousin is going to be 12 so it can't be too kiddy or cheesy...LOL

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter