• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know Fort Myers area good?

shefor24

Mouseketeer
I need help deciding which hotel to stay for two nights. I looked at Best Western Pink Shell Resort or the Diamondhead Hotel I think is the name of it. Both look and sound great on the internet, but we all know that the place hardly ever looks as nice as it does online.;)
Any advise?? Or other suggestions of a place to stay there?? We are looking at around $130.00 per night for either place.:cool:

I've been vacationing on Ft. Myers Beach at least once a year for about 10 years now. They have the best beach!! You will love it, and probably not want to leave!!

Between the two places you mentioned, I'd choose Diamond Head resort. (I too am not sure that's the exact name, but I know exactly which place it is.) It is fairly new, and seems really nice from the outside. The location is also a good one along the beach. The Best Western Pink Shell is older, which isn't necessarily bad in itself, but the location isn't as nice IMHO.

Not sure when you're going, but be aware that traffic on Estero Blvd. (main road on the island) can be horrible over Christmas week and even more horrible over Easter week. I've never been down there between May and November, so I'm not sure what the traffic would be like then.

Other places you could check for price would be the Sandpiper (where I usually stay), the Outrigger, and the Neptune Inn. They would probably be over your price limit if you're going at peak time. But if you're not, then they may be good options.

Good luck as you plan your trip. Let me know if you'd like any more info about the area. Have a great time! :)

DH and I are leaving for Ft Myers beach on Saturday! (We are doing Ft Myers for him and then doing WDW for me! :D ) We will be staying at a small condo-type place called Gulf View Manor. We got a rate of less than $100/night and it's right on the ocean! When are you planning on going and what type of accomodations are you looking for? I will be back on the 19th and can let you know how we liked the place.

Kris

Hi, Kapeppy! I know exactly where Gulf View Manor is. It seems like a very nice place from the outside. You will love the beachfront location. Have a wonderful trip! :)

BarryHorn on the universal boards is from Fort Myers maybe he can help you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter