Anyone know anything about Youth Market Meal Vouchers?

dawna_521

Earning My Ears
I got some from someone because they expire Sept. 30th and this person wasn't going to be going back to WDW before then. From my research, I see they are usually used by youth groups etc while at WDW and they are good for lunch or dinner at participating CS restaurants. What I am unsure of is if I will have any problems using them, and if I will need to show the restraunts anything else, or can I just pass them in when I order meals. Also, are they good only for child's menu or adult's menu choices, too?

A friend of mine gave me a bunch last trip because he is the director of a school muical group and they didn't use them all and they were about to expire. I dind't have any problems using them but asked at every location to see exactly what I got. My only problem was at the CS across from sorin and that was because the CM was just rude.

rhiansmom said:
A friend of mine gave me a bunch last trip because he is the director of a school muical group and they didn't use them all and they were about to expire. I dind't have any problems using them but asked at every location to see exactly what I got. My only problem was at the CS across from sorin and that was because the CM was just rude.

Thanks for your response. Were you able to get any adult entree/side/drink/dessert, or were there restrictions to only certain items on the menu?

I don't know if the rules have changed since last year, though. These were not good at all CS locations (I think B&C and/or PM were not included), so if you are looking to purchase for these places, please double check where they are valid. I was able to use them at AS Movies and Cosmic Rays at MK. We got whatever we wanted at the food court at AS Movies (including sundaes for desert!), and were able to get the rib/chicken combo at Cosmic Rays. They are definetly worthwhile for free! If someone offers them to you, grab 'em!

frannn said:
I don't know if the rules have changed since last year, though. These were not good at all CS locations (I think B&C and/or PM were not included), so if you are looking to purchase for these places, please double check where they are valid. I was able to use them at AS Movies and Cosmic Rays at MK. We got whatever we wanted at the food court at AS Movies (including sundaes for desert!), and were able to get the rib/chicken combo at Cosmic Rays. They are definetly worthwhile for free! If someone offers them to you, grab 'em!

Great! Thanks so much for the info! The vouchers do have a list of participating CS places in WDW listed on the back, so I will know where they are accepted before I go. BTW: I saw 2 of these coupons listed on ebay today. They are already bid over $40 for 2 coupons :eek: Judging from the list of participating CS, I wouldn't think you'd spend over $20 per meal at these CS locations, but whatever. :confused3

I went on a school trip to Disney and every morning our teacher gave us 2 of these, one for dinner and one for lunch. They were good for an adult entree, drink, and dessert at most counter service locations. The locations they were valid at were listed on the back of the certificate. I ended up with about 5 left over, I never thought to offer them to someone else! They worked out great for us, never had a problem with any CM's. Just always ask what's included, they're happy to help.

If anyone has one of these hanging around, and would be willing to scan it and email a copy to me, I'd be grateful - my children are going to WDW with their school marching band, and I'd love to work up a dining plan for them to use, but I'd like to have the actual text on the voucher so I'm working with all the correct information.

Thanks much,

KC :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter