Anyone just off 10/6 Magic?

We were there until 11 on the 10/6 cruise and stayed on the pier the whole time. People were coming and going all day and evening...

Grand Cayman: Booked a catamarran excursion (non-Disney) to see the Stingrays and snorkel. It was about 4 hours and we had a great time and everyone went into the water where the stingrays were and got to touch them and watch them swim around.

Was this through Stingray Sailing? (I ask b/c I know they use a catamaran). We have booked them, and I am interested in feedback. And also interested in whether your kids freaked out with the rays? I'm so afraid my girls will.... (I'm kinda afraid I will, too!)

We did Stingray Sailing last week and it was awesome! My wife and I were the only two on the boat (holds up to 25). Captain Chip and the crew were great. I would highly recommend it.

We were there until 11 on the 10/6 cruise and stayed on the pier the whole time. People were coming and going all day and evening...

Were you told the night before? I am wondering what there will be to do from 5pm to 11pm. We are doing the Mayan ruins with Native Choice but if we have all that time we would like to do something else as well.

Jensyfert said:
You are in port in Costa Maya till 11pm.

We just got back off the 10/13 sailing and we left CM at the scheduled time of 6 pm. Our DCL excursion to the ruins got back right at 5:30 pm which was pretty tight for those on the 5:45 pm seating.

The beach excursion (Jungle Beach) in Costa Maya was a 40 minute bus trip. So that was a bummer. I would have to say 7 mile beach break in Grand Cayman was good. Pretty water and close by.

Do you mean it took 40 mins on a bus to get to the Jungle Beach break? How was it other than the bus trip? We're scheduled for this excursion, but I'm curious if it was worth it or fun. We've got an almost 5 yr old and a 1 yr old if that matters. Thanks so much!

We just got off the 10/6 cruise, too, and did the following with our 7,5 and just turned 2 yr old:

Grand Cayman: Booked a catamarran excursion (non-Disney) to see the Stingrays and snorkel. It was about 4 hours and we had a great time and everyone went into the water where the stingrays were and got to touch them and watch them swim around.

Costa Maya: we booked Nohoch Kay (non-Disney) based on a lot of reviews and had the BEST time even during the downpour that lasted maybe 45 minutes. Jaime, the owner, and the rest of the staff treated us like gold and we had unlimited food and drinks, as well as lots of sand toys for the kids to play with. The food was excellent, the water calm and shallow enough for our kids to play around in and for us to sit in with a drink in hand. We'd definitely go back to the next time we are in Costa Maya. I believe it was $40 per adult, $20 for kids 7-17, and 6 and under were free. The taxi ride was $2 per person each way.

Cozumel: We ended up getting a taxi and going to Paradise Beach. The taxi ride for 9 of us was $30 each way, for which the taxi driver offered to stay and wait for us there for no cost (they tried to offer this for $20 extra at the taxi stand so I'm glad we declined and ended up getting him to offer to stay and wait anyways). It was a $2 beach chair rental per person, plus another $12 if you wanted to go out and jump around on the water toys/trampolines/slides. They also had a large pool that was nice to bring my 2-yr old into. I'd say we felt like we got the least for our money here, primarily because we didn't stay long enough for me to feel we got our money's worth. We never ordered food or drinks, but the prices seemed like restaurant prices.

I think it was also tough for us to "rally" in Cozumel because we had just had two other back-to-back fun-filled days at port. Overall we had a great time and our kids had a blast! We were travelling with two other families, a total of 13 of us, and everyone enjoyed our excursions and agreed Costa Maya was our favorite due to how lovely our time at Nohoch Kay was. :beach:

Who did you book your Sting Ray excursion through? That has been tough for us bc the Disney booking won't let my 2.5 year old do this with us...
Thanks!

wickedpixie13 said:
Do you mean it took 40 mins on a bus to get to the Jungle Beach break? How was it other than the bus trip? We're scheduled for this excursion, but I'm curious if it was worth it or fun. We've got an almost 5 yr old and a 1 yr old if that matters. Thanks so much!

It was fun for the kids...if you are only going to be in port till 6pm, it is probably not worth it. It is open bar...but I didn't think the drinks were that great. I said that when I go again, I will stay on the boat in Costa Maya. Hope that helps! :)

Jensyfert said:
It was fun for the kids...if you are only going to be in port till 6pm, it is probably not worth it. It is open bar...but I didn't think the drinks were that great. I said that when I go again, I will stay on the boat in Costa Maya. Hope that helps! :)

And yes...40 min bus trip each way. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter