• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone just back from Coronado Springs?

sistertrip

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions for anyone who's been to CSR recently.

First of all, I see conflicting info about the room service breakfast. Some say it starts at 6am, others say 7am.

Second, do you know the pool hours? (I'm mainly concerned with how late they're open.)

Thanks! I may come up with more if there's someone who can answer these...

Room service is 7:00am to 11:00pm

Pool hours- Main pool is 8:00am to 12:00am. Lifeguards 10-10 but those hours can change for lifeguards.

Quiet pools 8:00am to 12:00am

Thank you safetymom! You must be a Disney genius because I think you've answered a lot of my questions on these boards!

Hi Sistertrip!
We are just back from CSR. ( June 26 - July 1)
Execellent Resort!
It has surpassed WL as our favorite. We were thouroghy impressed! So much so in fact, that we are moving our December accommodaions from ASMo to CSR !
The slide at the Dig Site has a posted closing time as 10:00 pm, however, we were there at 11:00 one night and the slide was still going strong.
What a great resort! I can't say enough good things about it!:bounce:

Hi Piglet.
Your enthusiasm for Coronado Springs reassured me as we
are booked there in November after being at AKL (and loving it)
in March.
When I read the reviews for CSR, the biggest complaint is all
the walking. Were you in a building nearer the main building?
Bobbi:p

Hi Bobbi!

We were in Casitas Building 5, which is the furthest Casita building from El Centro and near the Ranchos section. I know that alot of people complain that this resort is too spread out, but it's really not.
We had originally requested the Cabanas buildings, but were upgraded ( complimentary!) to a courtyard view in the Casitas, with a beautiful fountain/lake view. What a wondeful surprise! :D
When we return in Dec., we would like to request the Ranchos section which is really spectacular in it's themeing. It is the farthest section from El Centro, but again, the walk is not bad. Don't let it worry you! :cool:
At night this resort is georgeous. Hubby & I went for a walk around the whole place a few eveings, just because it is so pretty. (That's after having been in the parks all day!)

Also nice is you can refill your mugs at the Pepper Market or at the Dig Site Pool bar! Very nice because you are close to either one, or the other!

We absolutely loved this resort and so did our daughters ( ages 14 & 11)!
I can't wait to go back!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We were at CSR May 17-23. I would like to say that this is an awesome resort. I truely believe its one of Disney's best kept secrets. The resort was not crowded and all of the different areas seem to fit into the Southwest/Mexican theme perfectly. We were located in Ranchos 7b and loved it. The Dig site ranks high on my list as one of Disney's best pools. We even liked the quiet pools. It was great coming back to your hidden paradise and relaxing by the quiet pool after a long hot day in the parks. The resort is not as spread out as I had imagined. The walk to El Centro was very pleasant and I did it 3 or 4 mornings. Walking around the resort and taking everything is one of my favorites and CSR is up high on my list of places to stay again. Hope everyone enjoys CSR!!:) If you are wanting to be in the Ranchos section I suggest 7B. It was a 2 minute walk if that to the bus stop and the Dig Site.:)

CSR is my favorite, too, surpassing AKL (which was out of this world). Glad you guys had fun!!! Sorry I can't answer the OP's questions.. we were there in march and we didn't go to the pool at night. I think the slide opens at 10am.

We love the CS resort! In the morning the view is spectacular across the water looking at Elcentro/pepper market.

WE usually stay in Cabanas and I try to get 9B, it's close to the #1 bus stop, el centro/pepper market and a very short walk to the dig site.

THe bus service here is great too! You don't share with any other resort!

You will enjoy this resort...we did!! We liked it a lot! Don't worry about the length of walk, you can always catch a bus to get to the El Centro for food. Just make sure you ask the driver first to make sure that it will stop there before heading to to the park.

I would suggest to take the surrey bike so you can see the other sides of CSR, we did and it was a nice ride and saw the other buildings. Have fun!

Thanks for all of the feedback! I'm so happy to hear that so many people love CSR. It'll be my first stay on Disney property, and the travel agent recommended CSR - I'm glad he made a good choice!

~Sparkly~Zoe: 9B is what we were thinking of requesting - is it non-smoking?

*Fantasia*: What's the surrey bike? Do you know if they have a bicycle for two?

Thanks!!

If this is your first onsite stay, prepare to be spolied by CSR! The surrey bike is for two or four. You ride side by side and it has a canopy over it. There is also a seat in front to strap in little ones. It's a great way to see the resort, but I walked all over this place 3 times in one day taking pictures! Don't miss the Maya Grill's breakfast buffet!

Thanks susy! The surrey bike sounds even better than the typical two-person bike I was picturing! I think I'm going to have a hard time coming home at the end of my vacation.

9B is what we were thinking of requesting - is it non-smoking?

9B is non-smoking. We were in 9526 in February, and requested the same area this past June. LOL, they put us in the same room. Both times we had only reserved a standard view room, but this room is on the back side facing a small pond. Not sure if they upgraded us, or if this is a standard view. No street noise at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter