• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

We just got back from a 13 day stay. We were given key to the world cards as back ups and used these throughout the day for regular FP (which was often more convenient than FP+ because organised at the time). The system was obviously still in test mode (whether that's the official line or not) so when problems occurred they tended to occur for an entire day, but Disney were great about sorting issues/honouring FP+ that wasn't working as they should. Some cast members were great in telling you that stand by was short and to switch your FP+ to something else and go standby. I can understand why some people (on shorter vacations) had no issues and others had lots - it's not dependent on a particular person's set up, but how well the system as a whole is operating on the days of your stay. Similar to occasional glitches we've all seen off and on in the lead up/planning stages. FP+ means many less FP than you can get in a day under the old system which is a big bummer IMO. Hopefully that adjusts over time as things get worked out. I purchased a Premier Annual Pass which cannot be linked to the magic band system so was never able to use my MB to enter parks - used my card instead. Was able to use MB the rest of the time and all my FP were still there and linked etc. Wireless/Internet in the parks (and resorts) is often patchy and this would affect ability to pay with MB in places where the readers were not hardwired (eg table service restaurants). Some servers would try and hold them high (and it helped lol). Like anything else, CM knowledge about the system varies. The worst are those who think they know the answer to your question but who have no idea, and give you wrong info. Sadly, that's nothing new! Overall, bands are handy, but systems need to catch up and I think FP+ numbers ironed out yet. I think things will remain in testing for a while yet.
My annual premium pass was linked to the magic band. I did it myself under tickets. It worked great. I used my magic band everyday to enter the parks last week.

All four of us have Premier Annual Passes and we were able to scan them in to the MDE app and use our Magic Bands for park entrance during our trip earlier this month.

We are here now and have not had any problems with the MBs so far. That being said, I can see how they are either awesome (when they work) or awful (when they don't). You become so dependent on them that any glitch makes the experience a nightmare.

I've enjoyed the MDE app in the park. I've switched many FP+ reservations and even made same day dining plans on the go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter