• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone here age 50+ every REGRETTED parasailing?

How easy do they make it to get in and out of the harness? Can 2 people go at once? My husband and DD (19) want to do it this August at CC, but my DD has mild CP and is often awkward in her movements. She loves all the rides at the parks - ToT, RR, etc. - but I guess I have concerns about her actually getting in and out of the harness. Is it pretty easy?

I thought it was very easy to get in and out of the harness. Each person in a tandem ride has their own harness and you just step into your harness like you are putting on a pair of shorts. Then the guy helps to tighten the harness belt when you sit back down in your "seat" on the boat.

Edited to clarify: I suppose you might be able step through the wrong loops, but person #1 can help by putting person #2's feet through the correct loops while person #2 is still sitting. Then person #2 would briefly stand up to pull the harness around their hips.

When it's your turn to go up, you walk back to the platform in the back where the winch is. For a tandem ride, you sit on the platform one in front of the other (larger person in back) and they click you onto the rope. You just remain sitting till they start letting the rope out and voila! You're in the air.

I regret missing the opportunity...TWICE!! The first trip, weather was an issue. My last cruise, I was still recovering from hand surgery. Maybe, next year? :cool1:

Oh, and I am 50+.;)

I was afraid of everything. When I turned 50 I decided to stop being afraid and start living. The first thing I did was parasail. I liked it but actually wish it would have been a little more exciting. It was very calm and I had no issues at all. My biggest problem was my nerves waiting for my turn. I then tried a zip line and went swimming with the Manatees. Also rode the biggest, fastest, blah blah blah roller coaster in the front seat. I am so glad I have finally let go and think you will have a wonderful time if you allow yourself.

Try it, you will be glad you did

Best to All
Mal-

I sure do hope no one regretted it because my family has convinced my 75 year old mom (her b-day was in May) to do it during our August cruise.

When she turned 70 she went on a jet ski for the first time, so she figures why not parasailing at 75 :cool1:

I know that's probably a dumb question.

It briefly crossed my mind to do it on our next cruise. My husband and daughter have told me how WONDERFUL it is, but they also told me I'd like Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain.:mad: (No, I didn't like Splash Mountain, too terrified of drops.)

I guess, I probably would have loved doing para-sailing as a child, (as well as ToT and Splash Mountain) but am going back and forth about the para-sailing.

Thanks!:)

Nope did it last November on the Dream cruise at CC was very exciting, you'll love it. Did tandem with my 22 year old daughter.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter