Anyone have better luck with Crocs RX?

abie

Mouseketeer
On my last trip I brought crocs beach which were good and broken in but ended up having to switch to tennis shoes due to a bad plantar fasciitis flare up. I'm trying to decide what to take this year.

Has anyone tried both and had better luck with the crocs rx cloud or relief over the regular crocs?

Thanks!
Abie

abie, I have both a pair of crocs beach and a pair of the clouds. I wear them interchangeably, and I really don't see much difference except that the clouds are a little wider in the toe area.Good luck !:thumbsup2

Bump! Can anyone else comment on this type of Crocs?

I have the same problem with my feet. I have been asking the same thing. I go to my podiatrist tomorrow and I am going to ask him. I'll let you know what his opinion. By the way, he is a Disney fanatic:mickeyjum .

14 days until Disney:mickeyjum :goofy: :donald: :ccat: :tigger:

Well I said I would let you know what my podiatrist said. He told me to stay away from Crocs. He said they don't have the support I need:o .

Oh well, I guess I will stick to my socks and tennis shoes.

Try Keen Sandals. I just had major ankle surgery a couple of months ago (my ortho called it a total ankle reconstruction) and bought a pair of these. They held up remarkably well for 11 days at WDW (we hit many early mornings and stayed for many late magic hours) and 4 days in the Keys. They have excellent arch support and are extremely comfortable. They also have a toe on them unlike most other sandals so when fighting the crowds where people step on your feet, they are great! I bought mine at REI (a recreation store out here, they have a website), but I've seen them at Macy's (I think..), Nordstroms, and other major department stores.

Tennis shoes are going to be your best bet. I too have plantar fasciitis, and I live in flip flops and know the severe pain of it. I usually wouldn't wear anything else but tennis shoes, but I have some of the original Birkenstocks and wore them when we were at WDW in December and had no trouble at all, but of course I was wearing them with socks. They offer alot of support, alot more than Crocs, and now our Sam's Club has them for $39.00 a pair compared to the $120 when they first came out. In the summer, I will only wear tennis shoes. I got a pair of Crocs for my birthday last month, but can't wear them all day, they rubbed blisters on my archs, may have to save them for winter and wear them with socks.

Also a good tip for blisters. DON'T use bandaids, buy some Moleskin (sold in the bandaid area at any store). You can buy it by the roll and cut off what you need. It costs about $4.00 for a roll, but it works much better than a bandaid and resists causing anymore damage to the already forming blisters.

Good Luck.

Suzanne princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter