Anyone have an Opinion on Shutters at CBR?

1hero2princesses

DIS Veteran
We are staying at CBR - is the Shutters restaurant any good? I have never read anyone really saying anything about it. I assume it is not a destination restaurant you would make a big effort to go to since I never read about it? Any thoughts anyone?

I usually do one dinner there if staying at CBR (my favorite resort). The food is good and it is nice to have a sit down relaxing meal at the resort. They used to serve Prime Rib, but the menu changed, they still have some steaks and in January DD and I grabbed some dinner there and I had some really good baked like chicken. They have this really good drink, it is mango and coconut fruity, it is called something magic, it is the signature drink I just don't remember the full name. They are super good. They have so so desserts, they are not amazing. Cute atmoshere also and great service last time.

It looks like we will be there the same time - maybe we will run into each other. I will be sporting my lime green mickey head on my bag.

Thanks for this post -- we will also be at CBR around the same time :) We were wondering about this restaurant, as well, since we have little ones and might just hang at the resort one evening and were curious about this option.

I was thinking this would be a good restaurant to relax after either our waterpark day or animal kingdom. Anyone else any thoughts? I just can't find much on Shutters at all.

Wow - I don't think I have ever gotten this few opinions. Has anyone eaten at Shutters? Is it so bad you don't want to admit it? So good it is a secret hidden gem? Anyone?

I ate there about two months ago... it was just eh. The food was not anything I remember and the theme was not much, but it wasn't something that made me think it was bad. I just won't be returning anytime soon and it did not jump onto my top 5 or 10 restaurant list.

Our family (9 of us) ate there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. The food was good, the service was outstanding, plus it was a quiet relaxing atmosphere. I guess they no longer serve the prime rib which was great, but others in our party said their food was very good too (those who didn't get prime rib). My DSIL and DD still yearn for their key lime tart! I'd recommend Shutters to anyone.

We ate there twice during our trip last Sept.

The first time, I got the ribs and they were ok. Most everyone else had the char crusted steak and they all seemed to enjoy it.

Later in the week, our plans ended up changing and we went back with just my family. I had the steak and thought it was really good. The side dishes were ok, but nothing out of this world.

We got there early and my boys were starving, so we just got them something from the food court area and it worked out really well for us, especially since there wasn't much on the menu that they were thrilled about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter