Anyone have a discount code for Grad Images???

mousey

DIS Veteran
We just got my daughter's college graduation pictures and they were taken by a company called "gradimages". They are very expensive and I was wondering if anyone had come across any codes or discounts that I could apply to the order. I found some on the internet but it wouldn't apply them. Thank you!:cheer2:

The only 2 I have found that work are 30002 ($5 off $25+) or 30009 (free shipping on $25+).

I'm just ordering 2 of the 5x7s, for DD's frames. The prices are outraegous!

I ended up calling and the girl offered me a download of the 3 photos--which I guess we copy to a disc and can have them printed anywhere. The price was 74.95 and I used the $5 off $25 coupon so it came to 69.95 plus tax--no shipping charge. I'm figuring $25 a picture, however, I can have these printed at Sam's for a reasonable price. Normally I would just buy 1, but all 3 are really nice photos so I thought for the grandparents and relatives they will all get one now. Thank you!:thumbsup2

I got emails from them for over a year and each time the price dropped more and more. I did not want any pics but eventually I got one since it was like 15 bucks. I wonder if it is the same company. Do they send you emails for every stinkin holiday? " Honor dad with a gradimage" "ring in the new year with a grad image" . It got super annoying.

Unfortunately they are the processing provider for the photographer that my daughters college selected. I never heard of them before this. The graduation cd was over $100 with tax and delivery. I know I overpaid with $75, but now I'm free to have pictures developed whereever. The pictures really turned out super and I just hated to have to pay $30 for 8 wallets of 1 pose (cheapest thing).

The longer I waited to order the better deals they emailed me. They emailed me a deal where I could get a CD of all my images plus a slide show of the graduation and $20 to spend at Shutterfly for $29.95. So if you don't have to buy them right now they will send you good deals.

I wish I would of waited. I was just nervous because it said if you ordered beyond the date on the letter, the order would be delayed. A lesson learned!!:teacher:

So glad I found this thread -- just received the first email from them this morning with DD grad photos...I'll wait a bit to see if the price goes down!

Just to make myself feel better, I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if I was suppose to get the $20 shutterfly gift certificate. I will feel a little better if they give it to me. :rolleyes1

Darn, I thought we only had a certain amount of time and then the pictures would be gone.

I ended up calling and the girl offered me a download of the 3 photos--which I guess we copy to a disc and can have them printed anywhere. The price was 74.95 and I used the $5 off $25 coupon so it came to 69.95 plus tax--no shipping charge. I'm figuring $25 a picture, however, I can have these printed at Sam's for a reasonable price. Normally I would just buy 1, but all 3 are really nice photos so I thought for the grandparents and relatives they will all get one now. Thank you!:thumbsup2

You can print 5x7 from shutterfly for .99 each plus s&h

Thanks for the info about shutterfly and the .99 5 x 7 reprints. I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm successful at getting the $20 gift certificate.
I ordered the pictures when I did because I thought they would disappear after the date. Boy, was I wrong!:confused3

Well I feel better--called grad images this morning and gave my order number and explained that I felt I should be entitiled to the $20 gift certificate for shutterfly and the rep. agreed. He gave me a one time code for shutterfly and I now have a $20 credit. Thanks to all for the good advice!:cool1:

The longer I waited to order the better deals they emailed me. They emailed me a deal where I could get a CD of all my images plus a slide show of the graduation and $20 to spend at Shutterfly for $29.95. So if you don't have to buy them right now they will send you good deals.

I know this thread is a year old but it is useful to me now. I came across it trying to find codes to make my daughter's pictures more affordable. How long did you have to wait for them to drop the price that low? Its already been a couple of weeks since my family received the order forms in the mail. And I would like to get all of the pictures. Is the CD different than the option to get digital downloads for 75 dollars? Because I don't think candid photos are available in the downloads, and my daughter wants a few candids as well.

ya, in debt for college and then pay $250 for grad pictures and frames, what an american capitalistic ripoff, only in america. Better to wait for the better deals coming as other people are saying. Plus you have no choice there was only one photographer on the floor, Monopoly. He or She wasn't even prepared people the first few dozen or so pictures that I was watching from the stands were all over the place, they did not what they were doing, no props prepared, multiple people running here and there trying to get everything right. Don't they have rehearsal? The first few pictures looked really bad, not that I got to see them or anything. $250 Sheesh I thought I was only one who thought this was highway robbery. Grow a conscious people, "O" I thought college was for that, my bad! Excuse my grammer it was outsourced$

Thanks to all who posted about this company. As soon as I read it, I called and told them I wanted the download but was not willing to pay the price. He asked me how much I could pay. I told him $30 (maybe I should have started lower). He told me he'd take 50% off, I asked to use the coupon which made it $35.05 with tax. I'm sure I could have gotten him lower, but I did not feel like haggling. The promotion code is 30002 for $5 off $25, 30009 for free shipping for those who order actual images.

Yep this company also did my pictures for my college graduation and yes they will send you discount codes for a long long time making the pictures more and more affordable :)

Yep this company also did my pictures for my college graduation and yes they will send you discount codes for a long long time making the pictures more and more affordable :)

Are the codes that eventually come generic or specific to an account? I was wondering if they were generic so someone could message them to me. I tried talking to a rep on the phone and they wouldn't budge with the price, and its been almost two months now since the ceremony and we haven't received an email yet. Ideally that 29.99 for CD with shutterfly sounds like a steal, especially considered the listed price they have.

I thought I'm the only one that feels it's a ripoff. $79.95 for downloading a set of pictures? I really only needed 3 of them but they either come as a set of everything (with other pictures of the ceremony) or each sold separately for $39.95. To top it off, 2 of my 3 pictures are actually the same thing - the portrait (half body) is just a cropped version of my ceremony portrait (whole body). They aren't even good because I was totally not ready for the pics. I stopped just before the stage for a few seconds for the cameraman to snap the pic. There wasn't even time for me to fix my ribbon or gown. And as someone else mentioned, it's a monopoly, it's just ridiculous of them to charge $79.95 to download digital pictures (and much more for prints).

I was going to give in and pay $79.95 but I forgot that the deadline was last week. I rushed to the page and was about to pay for it, but stopped and googled for coupons, that's how I got to this page. I'm glad I did, I didn't know they would email people offering them a larger discount (as someone said in the previous posts). If someone did get the discount offer, do you remember how long was it after the ceremony?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter