• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have a crane in their MK photo shoot pictures?

princess110607

Mouseketeer
We just received an email from Disney telling us there is a chance that a crane might be in our pictures b/c our shoot is during the period where they put Christmas lights up on the castle. Has this happened to anyone???

I didn't have the MK shoot, but I remember when they were putting stuff on the castle for the YOAMD and there were warnings to brides that there was going to be a crane in some of the shots. I know they ended up editing the crane out. I remember seeing at least one bride's shots that were edited and you couldn't even tell!

I'm pretty sure they will edit the crane out of the shots for you.

Thanks for the info :) I would be fine with them editing it.....but they say there's a cost to have it edited out!!! I think that's crazy! I'm paying them lots of money to take pics...I think they could atleast edit the crane out especially since it's not my fault it's in the pic! Don't ya think?

Yeah, I would tend to agree with you on that point...especially for the MK shoot.

I would suggest talking with your coordinator again and maybe even her supervisor. I don't think you should have to pay extra to have that edited out.

Do you mind me asking how you found out that is costs money to edit the crane out? I received a similar email with the FAQ and it mentioned them editing it out, but nothing about extra costs.

I would hope it would be something that they do for free due to the inconvenience.

When we took our shots, we had some Project Graduation stuff (not a crane but more like really tall light posts) in the background. They made sure to tell us that the posts would be there, but then said they would edit them out. In our pics, you can't even tell they're there.

I was *never* told of a charge, and agree that this should be done gratis on their part.

Oops! I read their email wrong! :rotfl:

Ok this is what is says:
Can you just remove the crane with digital work?

If the crane is in the castle shots, we will complete digital work at our cost for a minimum of photos.

I misinterpreted their email. I thought it said they will complete digital work at A cost instead of at OUR cost.

So everything should be ok. Thanks for making the light bulb go off in my head:)

We had our shoot last year when the same thing was happening they were taking all the last deco down and painting etc the castle.

The crane was up during our shoot but the photographer takes the pictures at angles so the crane can't be seen. You can't see the crane in any of our shots and they wern't edited. To honest it was pretty dark and your around the same time as us so I wouldn't worry.

Disney will edit the pictures they put in your folio, you only get 12 in album, usually only around 3 have the castle in the back. You get a copy of all the photos but these wont have been edited and it's this you can pay for. It was quite a few hundred $$.

Wow! That's odd. We're getting married around the same time, so I wonder why I haven't received that email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter