Anyone had luck with getting photopass pics back after expiration date?

ldymcbth

DIS Veteran
The expiration date on my earliest photopass pics is today. I went in to finish adjusting sizes and borders before getting my cd (prepaid) and noticed that our Jedi training ones are already gone.

I had to go ahead and order the cd today b/c again, a bunch will expire at midnight. I emailed photopass help (didn't realize this problem when live help was available) with all details of the ones that are missing. Am I out of luck b/c obviously someone won't get this email until tomorrow, and the pics will have expired?

The expiration date on my earliest photopass pics is today. I went in to finish adjusting sizes and borders before getting my cd (prepaid) and noticed that our Jedi training ones are already gone.

I had to go ahead and order the cd today b/c again, a bunch will expire at midnight. I emailed photopass help (didn't realize this problem when live help was available) with all details of the ones that are missing. Am I out of luck b/c obviously someone won't get this email until tomorrow, and the pics will have expired?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but it doesn't sound promising, especially if you ordered already.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but it doesn't sound promising, especially if you ordered already.

The problem was that I didn't realize they were missing until 4:30, customer service is only open til 1p. And with the bulk of my pics expiring tonight at midnight, if I didn't order today I ran the risk of losing everything instead of just the Jedi pics.

I am hoping maybe they can make them available to me as a download? If they can even retrieve them, that is.

I know it's my fault b/c I procrastinated - I just hate the freaking photopass website b/c it's so dang slow and clumsy, so I always put it off! And obviously that bit me in the butt this time!

You should have just paid for a 7 day extension today while you waited to hear back from customer service

Just wanted to update that I called photopass support as soon as it opened this morning and the WONDERFUL CM I spoke with was able to restore the pictures that were gone, and resent it for printing so I will get them on my CD. I am so, so thrilled! I am so grateful that they were able to help me and redeem me from my stupidity!!!

Glad it worked out!
Quick question....not to hijack the OP's thread, but how do you apply the photopass credit? I pre-purchased the cd/book , and it appears in the cart...so how do I apply it so I get the disc? Thanks! :hippie:

Glad it worked out!
Quick question....not to hijack the OP's thread, but how do you apply the photopass credit? I pre-purchased the cd/book , and it appears in the cart...so how do I apply it so I get the disc? Thanks! :hippie:

Once you edit your pics and add the cd to your cart the credit will automatically apply. I have not done the photobook but I imagine it's the same way.

Do the photopass pictures expire 30 days after you add them to your photopass account or 30 days after the pictures were taken? I always thought they expired 30 days after you put in the photo pass number and pulled up the pictures?

Do the photopass pictures expire 30 days after you add them to your photopass account or 30 days after the pictures were taken? I always thought they expired 30 days after you put in the photo pass number and pulled up the pictures?

I think that they expire 30 days from the first viewing. At least that is how it was last year. We waited until after Christmas to look at our Photopass pics from our November trip (Money tree had to re-grow leaves). After a couple of marathon days (thank you Southeastern ice storm) we were able to edit all of them and order the CD.

If I am wrong about the timing, please correct as I am holding off on accessing the Photopass site for another month or so to view our October pics. I haven't yet been given permission to spend more money from the CFO of the family....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter