Anyone get discounts Christmas week?

dlavender

DIS Veteran
I know this may seem like a dumb question, as we all know Christmas week is #1 for crowds and #1 for cost, however, has anyone gotten a discount for 12/25-12/31? I've never traveled that week, and we are considering going as this year's Christmas gift for the fam. Just want to know if I should be expecting a discount of any kind or not.

Nope. We were there from 12/27-1/7 and split our reservation to get a discount on the back half(1/1-1/7). The crowds were WorSE on the back half due to the marathon and the black out was lifted for CMs and Florida pass passholders. The park hours were a mess on the second half. We have done christmas time in 2006 and it was so much better that it made us very nostalgic( lights of winter, osborne lights etc) Now Christmas at WDW felt more like being in a mall IMHO. Our weather was AWESOME which is not always the case at this time of year. NYE at Epcot was always on my bucket list which is wy we did this trip,and it was crazy but fun. I'm not sure I would plan a Christmas trip again though. The other thought is to consider going off site.

Nope. We were there from 12/27-1/7 and split our reservation to get a discount on the back half(1/1-1/7). The crowds were WorSE on the back half due to the marathon and the black out was lifted for CMs and Florida pass passholders. The park hours were a mess on the second half. We have done christmas time in 2006 and it was so much better that it made us very nostalgic( lights of winter, osborne lights etc) Now Christmas at WDW felt more like being in a mall IMHO. Our weather was AWESOME which is not always the case at this time of year. NYE at Epcot was always on my bucket list which is wy we did this trip,and it was crazy but fun. I'm not sure I would plan a Christmas trip again though. The other thought is to consider going off site.

I've seen the reports out there about the 1/1-1/7 time frame that agree with your exact sentiment.

I'm just having a hard time with a $300 Moderate per night price tag. I know supply/demand etc, but dang!

Off site is an option, but then we have to rent a car and factor that in. Definitely doable.

Just hoping against logic that somehow somewhere out there someone knows a way to at least get 10% off....

But I already know the answer, yet I'm asking anyway :)

We were there the week before Dec. 19 - 23rd and did get a discount but I would think the actual week of Christmas no way.

Wait I just remembered!! Free dining went throught 12/21 so if you arrive before 12/21, asuming they do FD again, you would have your discount!

Yes the 300 for port Orleans made me choke and we were msierable there, we should have done off sight, Bonnet Creek. The price for PO dropped to 225 1/2-1/7 which wasn't that good. We love YBC, more than the parks,so we ended up in a Villa for 450. Which is the MOS I have ever paid and it was fricking January!

This trip was intially planned for May, around Memorial Day. However, when I crunched the numbers it wasn't that much more to do the trip over Christmas and do NYE. PLus ROL was not gonna happen and all the cash grabs that were going on tha I just couldn't justify going in May. Now after this trip I think Disney has finally priced me out. We are going back in March for YBC only-No parks.(maybe Seaworld) I bought one AP to get food and march discounts. For a party of five over 10 days we were about $300 ahead after cost to upgrade to an AP.

Wow, I'd love to see that! MY DD couldn't even get a friends and family disciunt so I would love to know which travel agent!

I could be wrong, but the discounts that are offered apply for the length of stay if you arrive within the discount window, so if you arrive on the 23rd, which is the current last day of my BB offer, your discount would apply through your checkout day.

I could be wrong, but the discounts that are offered apply for the length of stay if you arrive within the discount window, so if you arrive on the 23rd, which is the current last day of my BB offer, your discount would apply through your checkout day.
Unfortunately, only the free dining BB works that way.

Unfortunately, only the free dining BB works that way.

Oh! My current BB is a room discount. I never pay much attention to prices during Christmas week because I would rather chew glass and die then deal with heavy crowds. (Although after a couple of stressful Holiday meals here I threatened to spend my holidays in Disney if they all did not straighten out and fly right)

Oh! My current BB is a room discount. I never pay much attention to prices during Christmas week because I would rather chew glass and die then deal with heavy crowds. (Although after a couple of stressful Holiday meals here I threatened to spend my holidays in Disney if they all did not straighten out and fly right)

That's what I said to my family four years ago. :rotfl:
So for the past three years, we've been to Disney over the Christmas holidays. It's been awesome! :thumbsup2

That's what I said to my family four years ago. :rotfl:
So for the past three years, we've been to Disney over the Christmas holidays. It's been awesome! :thumbsup2

LOL! Mine took me very seriously so their Thanksgiving and Christmas meals were safe this year! I will say that I loved Thanksgiving in Disney. Four years ago, we left home early in the morning Thanksgiving day and had a wonderful long vacation. I like my own holiday cooking so we did not try to replicate the meal, but went all luau instead! Perfect trip!

The only time I have ever stayed Christmas week and had a discount was booking through a third party site with a discount code. I've never found one directly through Disney.

Thanks for the ideas!

We will contact some TA's, perhaps the same one we have used for the Labor Day exclusive, and look at 3rd party sites.

I just refuse to pay $289/night for POR or $269 for CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!