Anyone get a vaccine in Florida?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all. If any of you received a vaccine in Florida, how do you get the vaccine recognized in Canada? What's that process like? We are mixed vaxxed, and I understand we may be eligible to get a second Pfizer in Florida. Before pursuing that, i wondered if that vaccine would be recognized in Canada. Thanks for any info!

Hi all. If any of you received a vaccine in Florida, how do you get the vaccine recognized in Canada? What's that process like? We are mixed vaxxed, and I understand we may be eligible to get a second Pfizer in Florida. Before pursuing that, i wondered if that vaccine would be recognized in Canada. Thanks for any info!

We have not but our health unit publicized to call of you e been vaxxed elsewhere and I think they can add it to you record in Covax. I would call and double check .
I also would worry ( as I’m thinking of having my littles vaxxed there if Canada is behind them on littles getting vaxxed ) but I worry if what if they had a weird reaction would regular health insurance or travel insurance cover any expenses of undergoing a med procedure in the US ( I know rare but I’ve had US medical bills before so I’m paranoid lol )

Reactions: CJK
We got our second shots back in June on a trip to WDW. Moderna for me, Pfizer for DH. We got a CDC card from CVS, and the people filling them out even added our first dose info from our Ontario paperwork.

On return, we were able to submit our second dose info to York Region, who then submitted it to Ontario. We got updated Ontario receipts at the time, and now have one of the new Ontario “passports” showing we are fully vacc’d.

At the time, availability here was haphazard, and we wanted to avoid mixed doses and a lengthy wait for shot two. Vaccines there were easy and plentiful. We booked appointments, so we could guarantee locations with the brand we wanted. However, you could walk up to any Walmart pharmacy and get shots…they were even advertising it over the PA like a “blue light special” to try to encourage people to get them.

Reactions: CJK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter