• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone found a good deal on transportation: IAH to Galveston?

BigJon

will work for Dole Whip
Looking for a good deal on transportation from IAH airport, to the cruise terminal at Galveston. Any of you past cruisers found a good deal that you would like to share? Thanks, jonathan

DCL transfers were the least expensive, most reliable option that we found at $30 pp each way.

I had read that DCL was not offering transfers in fall. Bush is on wrong side of town. Would suggest you try and get into Hobby Airport. Southwest uses it. Hour closer.

I had read that DCL was not offering transfers in fall. Bush is on wrong side of town. Would suggest you try and get into Hobby Airport. Southwest uses it. Hour closer.
I booked out of IAH because I was told by DCL they would only do transfers from there (for a sept cruise)

Last I read, DCL was planning to continue offering transfers out of IAH in the fall. They have been discontinued from Hobby.

Just called Disney, and for the October Galveston cruise, they only pick up at George Bush airport ($30 one way, or $60 round trip)

I did a LOT of research trying to find something cheaper/less hassle than Disney transportation and I came up empty. For my money the Disney bus really is the best option. (They only run buses out of IAH now. You're on your own when you fly into Hobby.)

What is the earliest pickup Disney will give you from IAH?
We are cruising in October, and I did a lot of research on ground transport.

We booked ground transport through DCL as it was the cheapest way to the port. Rental car was easily twice as much one way, so was taxi and super shuttle.

We booked our pre night stay through DCL at hotel galvez. Our transfer is from IAH to the hotel the day before... we booked a bus ride back to the airport after the cruise, and we're staying at the Marriott at the airport and leave a day after.

Hopefully everything goes as planned and we're picked up the day before, and not left stranded at the airport...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter