• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone for a DIS DL Meet- 5/4-5/7 ??

Disneyland_emily

DIS Veteran
I havent seen anytopics after the poll one so I figured Id bit and ask if anyone was up to meeting anytime between the 4th (At DCA) and the 7th?

I'm pretty flexible in the mornings (4th- anytime between 1-4 5th before 1 and free 6/7th)

-em

There's a bunch of us who'll be there on the 5th -- we can try and meet up - maybe for a meal? Maybe we can make reservations at Carnation Cafe or try to work w/the crowds at some other place....

Another option is meeting on the 7th ....

What do you guys think?

I will be there on May 7th and am available during the day. My DH will actually be joining me.

The 7th works well for me (well before 2- Plane leaves from LAX at 5:40) or doing say an early lunch (11:30-12) on the 5th-

I might go the fifth if I don't get called to go to work (might not know until that morning if I can make it, though). I'm debating about the 7th. I'm taking a test that morning and wouldn't make it until afternoon though. I might want to celebrate if I feel like I did well or take my mind off of it if I feel the opposite.

I just made priority seating arrangements for May 5th at 11:30 at Carnation Cafe on Main Street for 8 people. With my kids & me we have 3, so there are 5 spots open, if anyone is interested... Blue Bayou is pretty much booked up for lunch. :)

Count me in for 1

Do we know yet if/when any "ceremonies" etc will be? I assume theyd be at opening but has anything been announced?
-em

I haven't seen anything - still canvassing all the sites -- of course, those take preference. We plan on being there early, but who knows what is happening that day, and we want to experience it all, too.

On the 40th, we were there when Indiana Jones rapelled from the Matterhorn past the castle, and when Randy Travis sang up on top... I can't remember what time that happened, though.

For the ones going on the 5th, what time do you think is the best to get there?

We will have to fight the 91 traffic, lol :rotfl2:

I got this from LP "Well, according to the itinerary that DLR Special Events mailed out - the announcements of any plans should happen at the Future Projects media briefing at 8:30am and the "Happpiest Celebration on Earth" official launch ceremony follows at 10:00am - so the Sleeping Beauty Castle unveiling should be at about 10:30am or so - on the 5th."

So if Thats true its great timing :) -em

Mary Jo said:
I just made priority seating arrangements for May 5th at 11:30 at Carnation Cafe on Main Street for 8 people. With my kids & me we have 3, so there are 5 spots open, if anyone is interested... Blue Bayou is pretty much booked up for lunch. :)

Did you get any takers yet?

~ Renée

With Disneyland Emily there are 5 of us so far - 3 more spots left. :)

Grumpy 4 me -- We'll be driving the 91 freeway, too, & hoping to get there by 7:30 ... so we can get in the first line of the day - getting in the parking structure.

I might be able to meet up on the 4th. Depends on my work schedule.
The 5th is out for me because that is my volleyball night and I have to be disciplined. No more excuses to miss. Then I fly up north on the 6th for Mother's Day Weekend / my God daughter's bday. Major priority over DL for me.

Mary Jo said:
With Disneyland Emily there are 5 of us so far - 3 more spots left. :)

Grumpy 4 me -- We'll be driving the 91 freeway, too, & hoping to get there by 7:30 ... so we can get in the first line of the day - getting in the parking structure.

We would like to join you. My name is Renée (40), AP from Escondido. One of my best friends Bonnie (38) and her friend Andrea are driving down from Utah for the big event. Bonnie is a Disney nut from way back. Andrea is fairly new to it. Both are moms. (My husband and I have no kids. :-( )

We would love to meet you and have lunch with you (and swap Disney tales).

LMK how we can meet you. I have never eaten at this restaurant before. My email is ReneePate@sandiego.com if you want to send me a private message.

TTYS,

Renée

Okay, looks like we have 8 for Carnation Cafe. :)

The Carnation Cafe is located about halfway down Main Street, across from the lockers, and right before the Blue Ribbon Bakery -- there aren't many tables in there, but they have pretty reasonable prices for their food. We have priority seating, so we won't have to wait such a long time for a table. I plan on getting there about 11:20/11:25 for our table -- Hopefully the castle unveiling and all that will be done.

We're easy to spot. :flower:

We will not be hard to spot, I will have my "Grumpy" T-shirt on, lanyard with, cough cough, Grumpy pins and Nightmare befor christmass, and pushing the Mrs in her wheel chair, we both have short hair. :earboy2:

There's rain in the forcast for May 5th (hopefully that will change in the next few days).

I decided I'm going no matter what (too many pins and other stuff I want being released that day to stay away). Anyone want the meet up at the 5:30 Billy Hill & the Hillbillies show?

iceskatejen - I'll give a tentative yes - depending on seeing the parade & other stuff. I heard they have revised their show a bit & I want to see it... hopefully, my kids will want to, too.

I'm a pretty tenitive no for the Billies- I hate them and I have also no clue what I'll be doing as I meet up with my other board at 1-

As for the Carnation meet- I have no idea what I will be wearing but I do have a DIS pin on my backpack and from the rear my backpack says -em so be on the lookout if I get lost-

-em

I forgot about the new parade--got to see that too. Looks like it's at 4 and 7:45, so it shouldn't conflict w/the Billies.

I'll be bringing my backpack with me because I want to bring some DL trivia books (and spot some of the things in them that I hadn't noticed before). Anyway, my backpack is black and teal and I'll weave a lime green ribbon though the cord in the back. I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet, but I'm leaning toward my AP holder T and my navy blue DL flag hoodie (and maybe a black rain coat if the weather forcast doesn't get any better).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter