Anyone ever use hotelkingdom.com??

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
Please post any positive or negative experiences you have encountered or heard of regarding this site. They have the best price for the hotel I'm looking for but I'm a bit leary since I've never used them. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Debbie

I used hotelkingdom a couple of years ago to book the Vistana Villages (got a great rate btw) and no problems whatsoever. This year I used them again after we had a change of plans and needed another night somewhere. I booked the Wyndham Palms for the one night, we haven't stayed yet but I'm certain everything will be ok. Like you, I was a little leary the first time but I know there are many people here who've used them and I'm sure you will get lots of (positive) responses.

wonderful company, wonderful customerservice!!!

Last week I made my 3rd booking with them this year. I used them in March for the Wyndham Palms Resort & CC, April for Cypress Point & last week reserved the Celebration World Resort for Labor Day weekend.

I've recommended them without hesitation to co-workers & my sister booked thru my recommendation also.

cinamin27--How did you like the Wyndham? I have booked a 2 bedroom here for 1 night, really wanted the 3 bedroom but hotelkingdom wasn't offering that. Could you tell me whereabouts it is off 192?? Not real familiar with this area but I do remember a couple of years ago we were dropping someone off at Orange Lake Resort and there was lots of construction going on and it seemed to take forever to get there.

I've used them about 5 times in the last 3 years and would recommend them to anyone! I totally agree about their customer service, awesome!

I was just telling my sister this weekend when she mentioned the hotel.com commercials that hotelkingdom's so good it doesn't NEED to advertise!

debbie655,
here's a (very long) thread that I originated regarding my wonderful stay. I believe they are across from Orange Lake CC on 192 off of Old Lake Wilson Rd, maybe 2 miles from I4 going 192 west, there is no construction causing traffic delays & the 192W side of I4 has less traffic than the one going twards Old Town. you should have no problems being to Disney in less than 10 minutes, Sea World in 10-15 & Universal in about 15 minutes also

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343655

Thanks sooooo much for the encouraging words! I was kind of in a pickle because we are staying at the Rosen Centre which I got through priceline for $38 per night and last night my parents decided that they wanted to join us. When I checked around, the cheapest I could find a room at the Rosen Centre for them was $119 until I stumbled on hotelkingdom.com. I was able to get it for $69.30! I have already received a confirmation and everything appears to have gone smoothly.

Thanks again! You guys on this board have been soooo fantastic! :)

I am satisfied with their price, but I am not sure about the level of service/ knowledge.

I tried to book Wyndham palm through Hotelkingdom. When I called them, I asked about construction is still going on or not because I did not want to go to vacation by seeing construction scene everyday. So I wanted to make sure that the construction at Wyndhan Palm was completed or not. I told Sales rep that I want to book Wyndham Palm if construction is finished and if not, I wanted Cypress Pointe. The Rep told me that it was completed and she recommended Wyndham Palm. so I booked the Wyndham Palm.

But somehow I felt something strange so I called Wyndham directory then I found out the construction is still going on and Hotel told me that there is no way that the construction os completed until I go to Orlando.

So I called HotelKingdom back to change my reservation to Cypress pointe But they charged me $10.00 for cancellation/change fee. Then I tried to complain but the sales rep I talked even did not come to phone to talk to me. Instead of that she let other person who does not have any clue about rule(maybe receptionist?) to talk to me. And the person kept saying" you have to pay $10.00",,, So I thought, ok just 10.00... But I won't use Hotelkingdom anymore because:

1. They recommended me the hotel I was trying to avoid as condition because they don't have any updated information from Hotel.
2. The way they handled the customer's complain was very bad.
She even did not admit her lack of knowledge about hotel.
3. She even did not try to talk to me!( I could hear her voice behind telling " tell him I am busy")

So use the site on your own risk....

Our only attempt to use Hotelkingdom.com was less than great. We booked over the phone for a stay at World Golf Village. We made reservations for 5 nights and gave all of our info. We were told everything was a go for our reservation. 2 DAYS later, they left a voicemail that we needed to contact them. We phoned and found out that the resort we were promised was unavailable and that they booked us into another hotel that was miles away. We did not accept this new hotel and cancelled the reservation. Hotelkingdom.com still charged us the booking fee, claiming that they earned it by booking us into the other hotel.
I would be cautious about using them.

Ouch...that's not right at all to book you where you don't want to be and charge you for it.

Thanks for all this info

Joanna

I've used them twice.

The first time was last summer when we booked at Vistana Villages. We cancelled our reservation and it was a huge pain. I had to call Sheraton directly, which was a mess because of the way the reservation was set up.

Then HK took forever to refund my deposit. I called and e-mailed mulitiple times. I finally had to get a little threatening before my credit card was creditied.

I wasn't going to use them again, but I decided that maybe it was a fluke. All companies have problems and make mistakes.

I booked at the Hard Rock for June. When they confirmed my reservation I called HRH to make sure it was correct and it wasn't (now, this could have been HRH's error). They had me coming in that night for 4 nights instead of in June!

HK correctly the problem immediately and the rest of the reservation we had no problem with.

I would use them again.

Hope that helps :)

Teresa

never had a problem, As a matter of fact, when their price went down a few weeks later they even adjusted the price. Then my inlaws decided to come and we needed a two bedroom instead of a one bedroom and they changed the reservation no problem, no fee. Then the price went down and again they adjusted the price, no problem and no fee. Sometimes they are good reps and bad reps, this can happen anywhere. Even when you call Disney to make reservations. My advice if you are not hearing what you want, ask for supervisor. If not just hang up and call again to get a different rep. Some people are knowledgeable and others are just not very helpful. I highly recommend hotelkingdom. The only place I would definitly avoid is
www.11thhourvacations.com but that is a whole different story that I would need an hour to tell you about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter