Anyone ever get an AP discount on MLK weekend?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of going the week of MLK in January, but am hoping for a discount. Do they usually offer AP discounts this weekend or is it like a blackout situation??

Thanks!

I can't answer the question either. Just keep in mind over any holiday weekend you will be paying more. January is generally value month. Until you get to MLK weekend.

Yes, I have. in 2008 I had a 14 day stay that encompassed both marathon weekend and MLK weekend, and it was booked with an AP discount. I didn't have to pay a higher rate for any weekend days (I don't know if my trip was prior to the change in policy, or if it was because I was in a DVC studio - I usually don't get higher rates at the DVC resorts on weekends). But, and this is important, be prepared to book as soon as a code comes out you can use because I know later the weekend was blacked out - I assume as their occupancy levels for the holiday hit a certain point. The same thing happened to me this past April. I was able to book the 4/3 deal checking in two days after Easter, and later, they blacked out the week after Easter from the offer. So I'm sure the availability is much lower around the holiday.

Another poster asked about AP rates last year at the YC in Jan, and I know you're not looking for the YC but maybe parts of my answer to them will help you too :goodvibes

Sorry I can't help much about the YC AP rate last January, but I can tell you that the AP code for that period was DYS and this was the info that was released:

*These are now expired*
Passholder rates for January 1 – February 12, 2009 have been released, with value resorts starting at just $49 per night, moderate resorts starting at $89 per night. Select deluxe resorts (Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges) starting at $144 per night and studio accommodations at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa starting at $179 per night. The rates at value and deluxe resorts are valid January 2–15, 2009 and January 19 – February 12, 2009. Moderate resorts are available January 4–17 and January 21 to February 12,2009. Saratoga Springs is available January 1 to February 12,2009.

The number of rooms available is limited and minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday and Saturday arrivals. Reservations may be booked through the Passholder web site or by using code DYS

And if you feel like reading, this was the DISers "code watch" thread for last January (2009) - you can see what DISers posted they got for deals last January (of all kinds, not just AP). Hopefully someone might have posted what they paid for the YC. Note though that they started deal watching in July and deals didn't come out until around the end of October, so you might want to jump ahead to around page 59 to see when AP people started posting what they got and for what dates and go from there:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1881408&highlight=jan+code+watch

Good luck! :cutie:

From looking through the bookings DISers reported making it looks like WDW showed blackout dates on last years AP deal info they released that would have included 1/19/09 MLK Day BUT people still were able to get better prices on their dates like fla4fun did above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter