Anyone else wondering about AP discounts?

I'm still waiting too! Our trip is June 3-12th (right after the cut-off too!)

It won't let me log in to the passholder site right now- let's hope that its because they are loading the new, wonderful rates :rolleyes1

The past few years the passholder rates haven't been released for June dates and later until May (according to mousesavers.com historical discount chart). I know this b/c I've been obsessively looking myself for one night in June. I did book the room-only rates and got 35% off my value resort room ($100 for one night).

Do you know if they are blacked out over Thanksgiving Weekend? :confused3 We have a BB booked from Nov 19-27th but it is not good for the last 3 nights. I just hate the thought of paying rack rate at BC for three nights! :eek: I also have an AP so I'm hoping a good AP rate, or possibly FD will help lower the price.

Trying to remember how it worked for us this past thanksgiving.
We arrived Thanksgiving Day, so did 26-29th at Pop. We used AP rates and it let us book for those dates - but yeah, 26 and 27th were blacked out. Discount only showed up on the night of the 28th for us.

It is possible that if blacked out they may end up unblacking them out? Going for Easter now and AP was blacked out starting the week before Easter. But about a month ago thanks to great DISers posting, I found out that there were now no blackout dates for Easter.

Only thing I can think of is three options: 1, hope they do what they did for Easter and have those dates closer to your trip not blacked out any longer.... 2, do a split stay and do something cheaper those last 3 nights... or 3, pay the regular price for those nights. I'd opt for the split stay!

Free dining.... was offered in some form during that time - just depends on if it carries over to those last three blacked out nights or not. Sometimes it will.

I can't get into the passholder site either!! I thought it was just me! I hope they are loading new rates in just like PP said:)

I can't get into the passholder site either!! I thought it was just me! I hope they are loading new rates in just like PP said:)

Me either and I've been in alot lately. I get an red error message. Hopefully they are adding lots of new stuff and that would be great timing as we leave tomorrow morning.

I just tried logging on and it takes me to the screen where you add your AP info. It's already on my profile. The site seems to be down quite a lot. I hope they're adding new rates. Otherwise, it's just really annoying.:rolleyes:

If you're having trouble logging in to the Passholder site, you may need to call the tech support number. They have recently updated their system and you have to have the email address you use set as your primary on the account. I had this same issue yesterday, and the lady helped me fix my problem in just a couple of minutes.

I think it may just be general system problems. I have had my AP info saved in my profile for a while. It's been working fine for me for weeks on all 3 laptops that I deal with (work, home and netbook), even through others have been reporting issues.

Starting last night on my home laptop it was suddenly asking for my AP info again and just kept posting an error message. This morning on my work laptop, I clicked on the passholder link, entered my password and went straight to the passholder page with no request to re-add my AP info.

I figure they're working on something.

Same old discount through June 3rd. I just looked at the passholder site. It is not down, but a couple of weeks ago I had trouble accessing it, so I took out my pass info and re-entered it, and it has been working fine ever since.

I think it's the crazy site. It wouldn't work and an hour later it did (and I didn't do anything differently). No new discounts, though.:rolleyes:

Just got in this morning and it seems to be working, but there are no new offers or discounts. Ugh.

I can't get in. It asks for my AP info (which is already in my profile) and when I enter it and click SAVE, it brings the same page back again (but no error messages). I'll try again later. :headache:

I can't get in. It asks for my AP info (which is already in my profile) and when I enter it and click SAVE, it brings the same page back again (but no error messages). I'll try again later. :headache:

Have you tried going into your profile, deleting your pass info, and re-entering it in the profile? I had to do that a couple times before it worked, but it's been working right ever since. Now all I have to do is log into the Disney site with my login and password and it automatically links to the AP.

I called this morning and asked point blank - Why are we (AP) not getting any discounts(Any)after June 3???(Disney Visa is, AAA is, GP is, NOT US).

Cm said that aren't up get, but they could be tomorrow. And to keep checking back. Here's to hope for new AP codes SOOOOOOOOOON:thumbsup2.

Tigger2ntinkerbell

If the AP discount isn't going to be any better than the GP discount, then what is the incentive to buying an AP? I would think they would want to take care of the AP holders since they know they will take more than 1 trip a year. Also, these other special offers they have going don't benefit AP holders. I hope this is not a new trend.

It seems like for the winter/spring discounts, that the max the AP holders could get was 45% on DVC resorts, and so could the GP. However, as the discounts trickled down from the 45%, the AP discounts were a little higher than the GP, and the minimum stays were less (3 days vs 4 for the minimum discount, maximum discount starting at 4 days vs 5). So while the overall maximum discount has been the same, if you were staying at a lower price resort, say value or mod, you would do better with the AP than the GP discount.

I booked a long weekend over the summer at the 40% GP rate, and I don't anticipate the AP discount being big enough to go through the hassle of changing it. I booked a 10 day bounceback stay in the fall with 45% off, and I don't anticipate the AP discounts being a lot better for that time either. I am hoping for a good AP discount for December though - I'd like to do a weekend then as well.

Have you tried going into your profile, deleting your pass info, and re-entering it in the profile? I had to do that a couple times before it worked, but it's been working right ever since. Now all I have to do is log into the Disney site with my login and password and it automatically links to the AP.

:thumbsup2 That worked - thanks!! :goodvibes

I called this morning and asked point blank - Why are we (AP) not getting any discounts(Any)after June 3???(Disney Visa is, AAA is, GP is, NOT US).

Cm said that aren't up get, but they could be tomorrow. And to keep checking back. Here's to hope for new AP codes SOOOOOOOOOON:thumbsup2.

Tigger2ntinkerbell

What's the Disney Visa discount? I haven't heard anything about one.:confused3

I would like to get AP discount for either of my trips- Aug for 11 nights or Oct for 7 nights.
I have booked both rooms but I would just love to be able to get dining also.
Looks like we will just have to pay out of pocket, its just so much easier to get it all on the room card.

They will likely come out with AP rates for those times - I know for a fact that October was covered last year (hello MNSSHP!)

Remember that you can add dining plan to your AP discount room, but w/ an AP discount (or any other discount applied) you can NOT qualify for free dining...it's an either/or thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!