• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Else Think The Online Reservation System Stinks??

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang

I don't understand why the system allows you to make a ton of bogus reservations? I could see a huge number of people making reservations that they might actually go to, pick the one they want but then leave the others still booked. Then when the rest of us try to get those booked times, they are already booked but will never be used. :confused3

Andy

I haven't tried making more than one reservation at the same time, but then I don't make a lot of ADR's anyway. They won't let you do that over the phone (technically) and supposedly will cancel any duplicates they find - do they have some kind of block that will prevent it online in the first place?

Personally, I love online booking. I like being able to search multiple days all at one time. That's how I snagged a Le Cellier lunch two weeks before my last trip. I like that they show you other available options instead of having to search over and over if you're booking at the last minute. I also like that I don't have to sit on hold waiting for the next available representative. I can come and go as I please.

It worked for me last year, no problem. Last night I snagged my Le Cellier lunch, perfect time, got all the way to right before you get your conf #, clicked continue...and my ADR was gone! Stupid thing said system unavailable!!! And Le Cellier is now unavailable any time on either of the days I was hoping for. So my answer is yes, I think it stinks and I would like to give it a poke in the eye a la the Three Stooges!!!

You could do that by calling too.

Not as easily..The Cms do notice if you have more than one for a given time and will ask you about it.Unless of course you use a bogus name .The online system does no such thing.You can make 15 different ressies for the same time and it doesn't stop you

I posted about something very similar here... and yes I agree the online system is different (I dont know if I like it at all). At least when I called the CM's were very attentive to overbooking and such and helped me to plan my trip. It was by far easier for me I thought. With the online system I cannot see all my reservations on my vacation listing like I think we should be able to (see them all in one place). :)

Have a great time! :banana:

It worked for me last year, no problem. Last night I snagged my Le Cellier lunch, perfect time, got all the way to right before you get your conf #, clicked continue...and my ADR was gone! Stupid thing said system unavailable!!! And Le Cellier is now unavailable any time on either of the days I was hoping for. So my answer is yes, I think it stinks and I would like to give it a poke in the eye a la the Three Stooges!!!

You should check by calling on the phone, because chances are, the computer booked it. This happens to me all of the time, and since I'm logged in during the same session, what I do is go to "My Vacation" and that ADR pops up each time with the confirmation # in place. It seems to be a common glitch - I have made a ton of ADRS online as we go for 2 weeks each July, and it happens quite often. Because of the glitch though, the system won't send you an email, so I then have it send the email to me once I'm in the "My Vacation" screen and I get my email confirmation. I would write that number down immediately though if you do this as then you can go back into the system later and check online. If not, you have no choice but to call Disney Dining directly.

As I said above though, since you are now out of that session, you can call Disney Dining to double check as your Le Cellier ADR may have gone through the system.

Good luck, Tiger

We have been on 4 trips since the system first started and booked 2 more, when it was the 90 day window it was a little busier and harder to get what ya wanted. But now I actually think it runs smooth and happy because we plan trips a year ahead and plan our parks around adr's so we love it. Much better than the 90 day out 45 mins on hold fighting for all adr's.

You should check by calling on the phone, because chances are, the computer booked it. This happens to me all of the time, and since I'm logged in during the same session, what I do is go to "My Vacation" and that ADR pops up each time with the confirmation # in place. It seems to be a common glitch - I have made a ton of ADRS online as we go for 2 weeks each July, and it happens quite often. Because of the glitch though, the system won't send you an email, so I then have it send the email to me once I'm in the "My Vacation" screen and I get my email confirmation. I would write that number down immediately though if you do this as then you can go back into the system later and check online. If not, you have no choice but to call Disney Dining directly.

As I said above though, since you are now out of that session, you can call Disney Dining to double check as your Le Cellier ADR may have gone through the system.

Good luck, Tiger

Thanks for posting this. That is what happened to me this morning. I had double booked everything and triple booked 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Before anyone flames me. There was no way for me to know but I had a sneaky suspicion that they had booked. I got a screen that said "Sorry we cannot process at this time" so I went back and booked. I called at 7:00 on the dot to book Fantasmic and made the CM check. Sure enough, I had double and triple booked everything. She took the times out and kept the ones I wanted. Don't fret OP, most of us do not want three ADR's for the same place at the same time on the same night. I usually book by calling but really liked the online, even with the quirks. Double check by calling, you may have an ADR at Le Cellier. :goodvibes

I think that the online reservation system has its pros and cons.

The pros are: You can make reservations at any time, so if you can not call during the hours that the reservation line is open you have the option of doing the reservations on line. Like someone said before, there is no "hold time" when booking on line.

The cons: Last time I made my reservation the site was very slow and it took forever to make one reservation. So, maybe the wait time on line and the wait time on the phone are not too much different.
The the other issue was we had was booking CRT. When trying to book online there is no where to enter your TIW number, so you have to call to make the reservation in order to get your TIW discount.

All in all, if the on line system is functioning properly it is much easier to do your reservations on line.

The the other issue was we had was booking CRT. When trying to book online there is no where to enter your TIW number, so you have to call to make the reservation in order to get your TIW discount.

You can get your TiW credit for CRT at the restaurant - that's what we did - they just ran a credit against my credit card for the 20% discount.

You can get your TiW credit for CRT at the restaurant - that's what we did - they just ran a credit against my credit card for the 20% discount.

This is true, and sometimes they also offer a gift card.

I am confused that the above poster got the TIW discount by phone. Last time I made my ressie by phone, they charged us the full amount, as they had no way of knowing we actually had a TIW card. When we got to restaurant, we received our credit, as you mentioned.

Tiger

I too love the online reservation system. I like the flexibility to gives me when looking for availability on different days and times. Much better than calling and being on hold forever like I used to have to do. :)

I too love the online reservation system. I like the flexibility to gives me when looking for availability on different days and times. Much better than calling and being on hold forever like I used to have to do. :)

I have to agree. I used it yesterday for the first time and booked my 9 reservations in 20 minutes. It would have been faster except I did it in two groups since I wanted to get my reservations for Le Cellier and 'Ohana confirmed before proceeding just in case the system shut down.

I would agree with the previous poster who didn't like having to enter their party details each time but other than that it was extremely easy.

One trick I did was to bookmark all the restaurants I wanted the day before so I didn't have to search for them all the morning I made my ADRs.

I really like being able to make ADR's online. It's especially helpful if i'm trying to find a meal at a particular time. And since ther always seems to be one meal I can't get when I want it, there's alot of juggling going on. I really would hate to take up a CM's time trying to do this.

Now I have a ? I booked ADR's for May (we were considering changing our trip dates) and I need to cancel them. Since they are not associated with a WDW reservation, how do I cancel them? By calling or can I do it throught the website, since I booked through the website. Sorry to ask but this is the 1st time I've used the website to do ADR's. TIA :thumbsup2

You should have gotten email confirmations of all the online ADRs. You can go into your dining on the website and cancel them using the confirmation number. I have done this and it was really easy.

I just looked and I can't find the email. Guess I'll call. Unusual because i kept email from our 2006 trip. I know I wouldn't have deleted it. Oh well. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. That is what happened to me this morning. I had double booked everything and triple booked 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Before anyone flames me. There was no way for me to know but I had a sneaky suspicion that they had booked. I got a screen that said "Sorry we cannot process at this time" so I went back and booked. I called at 7:00 on the dot to book Fantasmic and made the CM check. Sure enough, I had double and triple booked everything. She took the times out and kept the ones I wanted. Don't fret OP, most of us do not want three ADR's for the same place at the same time on the same night. I usually book by calling but really liked the online, even with the quirks. Double check by calling, you may have an ADR at Le Cellier. :goodvibes

Hi stepdisney

No worries and really I'm not annoyed with you or anyone that makes a reservation. Personally I think the online reservations system is fantastic and is a great idea. However what I don't like is that restaurants can get way way overbooked and there is no way to know what is a legitimate reservation versus someone who doesn't know or worse couldn't be bothered to cancel their unused reservation. So when I or anyone else comes in and tries to book a great restaurant, we can't because there are a ton of bogus reservations there.

A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter