• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else think the MK boat horn is annoying?

I agree with those who like the horn!

I still hear it in my memory of our Poly stay when we had a lagoon view in Tahiti.

As much as I enjoy our stays at other resorts, the horn sound just reminds me of our best room/view so far!

A few years ago we were at WL and ALL we heard was that horn! We went to switch rooms, but the hotel was sold out. We ended up changing hotels because it was so annoying!

A few years ago we were at WL and ALL we heard was that horn! We went to switch rooms, but the hotel was sold out. We ended up changing hotels because it was so annoying!
I would have done the same if my stay was longer. I'm just really sound-sensitive I guess (and yet somehow ended up marrying a rock and roll guitarist!;)) Do you know if the garden-view rooms at any of the Epcot resorts are "safe" from consistent outer sounds?

I also on the side of loving the sounds. It's truly what keeps reminding me that I'm at Disney. I usually stay lagoon view at YC and sleep with the balcony door open so I can hear the sounds.

One of the best was a MK view at the GF. Every morning you could hear the wolf howl which signified Disney waking up to me.

I gotta say, this is a new one for me. Was it a recording or a real wolf? If it was a recording, what does a wolf have to do with the themeing of the GF?

As previously stated, its required by the rules of the road and to let other traffic know your arriving or leaving the dock.

That said, its part of the Disney tradition and they have used the same t9ones for years............when we hear them, we know we are at our 2nd home.......Disney!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

AKK

I returned a few days ago from a great stay at the Poly. I stayed in Tuvalu in a lovely corner lagoon-view room. My, my, my, was that boat horn annoying! It started at 7am and didn't stop until 1am some nights! All I wanted to do was leave my sliding door open for the lovely breeze and the amazing view of the (top of) the castle, but that boat horn made it impossible. Is the horn really THAT necessary? It made me wish I'd booked a much less expensive garden view room.

Others have stated that the horn sounds are necessary and required. And with as many other watercraft in the area, I think we should be glad the big boats give lots of horn warnings to other pilots in the smaller devices. And yes, there are still other boats out there at 7:00 AM and 1:00 AM. They might be Disney employees but they need to know there are dangers of a large boat moving around.

That being said, there will be noise of some sort at just about every room in a Disney resort. Boat noises bother you but others are bothered by kids running and yelling, louder than normal conversations, Cast Members talking, elevators dinging, ice machines rumbling, housekeeping carts rolling, ducks quacking, music playing from Disney speakers. I think those are complaints I've heard over the years. The one I haven't heard is airplane noises but I'm sure someone is bothered by that darn Disney security helicopter flying around checking things out (the skywriter doesn't count because he's not really over Disney property).

So, if the boat noises bother you, you could request a room away from the water. You might have other noises but they might not be as bad as the boats.

I'm also in the never bothered me and actually enjoyed hearing it camp. Never kept me awake or waken me once asleep. Didn't bother my wife, son or mother either.

My wife keeps complaining about noise at night. Constantly rolling over and poking me and says "quit your snoring"

I gotta say, this is a new one for me. Was it a recording or a real wolf? If it was a recording, what does a wolf have to do with the themeing of the GF?

Lol they mean the howling wolf from the Haunted Mansion

We stayed in a theme park view room in Tahiti and I loved the boat horn! But we stayed up late- probably until midnight. It didn't wake us up in the morning- I only remember really hearing it outside.

Nothing. The sound came from the MK. I assume it was possibly the Haunted Mansion. I heard every morning of our stay before RD.

I returned a few days ago from a great stay at the Poly. I stayed in Tuvalu in a lovely corner lagoon-view room. My, my, my, was that boat horn annoying! It started at 7am and didn't stop until 1am some nights! All I wanted to do was leave my sliding door open for the lovely breeze and the amazing view of the (top of) the castle, but that boat horn made it impossible. Is the horn really THAT necessary? It made me wish I'd booked a much less expensive garden view room.

Make a note... If you stay around any of the lakes you will here a boat horn.

You still may have heard the boat horn in a garden view as well. Luckily, you have many, many resorts to choose from where you won't be 'bothered' by the boat horn. Think away from a lake...

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter