Anyone else scared to use Priceline?

MScott1851

<font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th
I am really wanting to try PL to get two nights at the DTD Hilton, but am absolutely petrified that we will get somewhere too far away... Any of the DTD hotels would be fine, and I have read the biddingfortravel.com site and noticed that if I bid on a resort, I might get the Marriott Orlando World resort instead of a DTD or Swan/Dolphin.. Anyone have any success stories for me?

It took me weeks to work up the nerve to try Priceline, especially for WDW. When I did place my bid it was for a 3* hotels and not the resort hotels. I received the Hotel Royal Plaza which is in DTD for a excellent price. My stay however is not until December so I can't report what type of experience I have had. Good Luck.

I bit the bullet.. and got the Hilton DTD for $62 per night... That is the one I was wanting, anyway... We're only staying 2 days at WDW before going to "that other park" for 5, staying at Portofino Bay.. so I can live with the Hilton..

Good job! I am glad it worked out for you. It is tricky with priceline. I want to bid for a 3 star, but I am afraid of getting the Sheraton Safari. I know most people like it, but it I have had a sort of bad experience there.

My opinion on hotels ay Disney is "I'm not in the room that much anyway." All I need is a clean room with a clean shower. I just got the courtyard for $29 on priceline for the weekend and I'm happy (it's a 2.5 star). I had gotten the Hyatt ($35), the Hilton($60), and the Dolphin($69) on previous trips and was happy with all of them for the price I paid. Had I paid rack rate for the Hyatt, I would have been horrified, but for $35, I could live with it. So I would say go for it.

I just used it for the first time this week, I wish it was for Orlando but it was for SanAntonio, got the Omni Hotel, 5 miles from Fiesta Texas. I figured worst case senario we would have to drive a little way to get to Fiesta Texas or Sea World, but I can't compain about 5 miles. I just took the attitude nothing to loose, I bid low on a 4 star and got it. I don't know that I will use it for our trip to Orlando next summer though.

I have gone to www.hotwire.com just to check out prices of hotels in the DTD area and it gives several rates. Usually the rate at the top of the list is labeled "Customer Favorite" and if you read the customer feedback it usually gives you clues to which hotel it is.

Go to hotwire
Put in your dates
Click WDW Area
Wait for rates to be displayed
Click on "Read Customer Feedback" to see clues to which hotel it is.

Good Luck!
Bobby

I use it all the time. I am currently in the Wyndam Palace from a $66 priceline bid. While both the Gaylord Palms and Marriott are not in DTD they are very nice hotels and if you are renting a car I would not let the "off site" factor bother you. The commute from either of them is just as easy (if not easier) then the commute to DTD.

I normally use them for Resort or 4 star hotels since I don't do commando touring and like to use the pool and other facilities.

I find Hotwire to be consistently higher. They were showing what I am pretty sure was the Wyndam for $111 for the dates I got for $66 on Priceline.

Any of the resorts in the disney area are nice. I'd be happy with the Marriott. wyndham or Hilton (which is actually very nice), and thrilled with swan/dolphin or Gaylord palms!!

I had the hilton in March 2002 from Priceline ($55) and it was great! I had a rental car so I didn't care which of the Priceline properties came up.

you may get any hotel in the zone (including one that hasn't yet shown up on sites like BFT).

DON'T USE PL if you're counting on getting a DTD hotel to participate in E-nights or if you don't have a rental car and are planning on using DTD shuttle buses. Other hotels have limited, scheduled shuttle buses. Not all of them are free.

I'm glad OP got the desired hotel BUT it really sounded like OP would not have been happy with other hotels.

Lewis,
I agree. You should only use Priceline if you will be OK with whatever your get. One of the reasons I only do Resort or 4 stars is even if it is not one of the hotels that is known to appear on Priceline I figure it won't be a dump!

I travel alone and don't have to do Enights or Early Entry. Also, in cases where location is real important I don't use Priceline. For example, this trip had two nights at the Wyndam Palace, but for tonight July 4th, I am paying for the Swan not booked via Priceline. I wanted to be able to walk to both MGM and Epcot.

I personally think priceline is great...I've used it for alot of airflights and a car rental..but if you have your heart set on a particular hotel...I would check other means... I think you can check thru
travelocity.com or just browse google. Priceline will get you the quality star hotel you choose for the price....just not the exact hotel... you may get lucky...but no guarentee's!

I am driving and arriving in the Disney area late at night so wanted a cheaper rate that I wouldn't worry to much if I ended up taking an additional day to arrive. I bid on Priceline (using Bidding For Travel) and purposely got the Best Western Downtown Disney for $25.00 a night. I have never been to that hotel before but the location seemed good. I obviously am set with transportation. Thought I would prefer walking to DTD for dinner after my long drive (if we arrive in time for dinner). I will be leaving early in the am for a night at the Portofino before going for two weeks in timeshare units. I hope the BW is pleasant, but how bad can it be for about 12 - 14 hours?

Has anyone stayed there?

Ive stayed there twice on pl bids, under $30.00 per night. The rooms are spacious and nice, coffee pot, etc. a little on the older side, but for the price you cant beat it. They were doing some refurbising last sept/oct when I was there. We asked/received a room with DTD fireworks view.

An interesting thing is that the hotel now seems to be filled. I went to their website to check on the regular rates for my night and it said no rooms available. Good thing I did it earlier.

Originally posted by cpl100
I will be leaving early in the am for a night at the Portofino before going for two weeks in timeshare units. I hope the BW is pleasant, but how bad can it be for about 12 - 14 hours?
Has anyone stayed there?

The BW is fine, I got it once for $23.00 a night. It's a great bargin!
But...You are going to LOVE Portofino and you NOT going to want to check out of that lovely resort!!
Have fun.

I am afraid you are right CPM. I think that every FL theme park vacation from now on will have to have a couple days there tagged onto the timeshare stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter