Anyone else perturbed with Yankee Candle??**UPDATE- Problem Fixed**

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
I took advantage of their great sale (Thanks to the OP :) ) However....I got the email that my first order shipped....well I ordered one regular price 22oz candle and 2 - 1/2 off.....well they shipped the regular priced one and the other 2 were no longer available. I used the $10 off code but of course when it was just one I didn't get the full $10 off - I'm going to call tomorrow and find out how they did calculate my total. If I were to order just one today it says that it should be $27.?? - but they charged me $20.01. I wouldn't have purchased it that way and just felt like they at least ought to give you an option. I mean they obviously gave me some type of discount - but not $10 off and I feel like I should have had the choice. I would not have paid shipping on 1 candle. I placed 4 orders to make the most of the $10 off a $25 order because it came out better. But for just one candle at almost regular price as it turned out I would have just added it to another. It's still a good deal but I feel like if your whole order isn't going to ship they should notify you and give you an option of cancelling. Ultimately I am happy....but it was actually one I threw in for DH for Christmas to put me over because it was the other two I wanted. Has this happened to anyone else yet? And of course my other orders are showing in process so who knows what will happen with those.

I had a very bad expereince ordering Yankee Candles a few years ago--they sent me candles that were very obviously defective, never responded to my complaint, never refunded my money. I was aggravated enough that I've never purchased their candles since (I buy wonderful scented soap instead, which I've found I actually like better than scented candles!).

I placed 3 different orders as gifts for friends. The same thing happened on all 3 of my orders, none of them are complete. The order that came UPS today is ruined..apparently they melted during delivery. They have offered to credit my account for the items no longer available and ship new in stock items. Crossing my fingers the other shipments come in good shape!

I love their candles....and I'm still getting a deal. I just probably would not have chose to order only the one. I will be calling them tomorrow because I just don't think that is how business should be done...and I will ask them about my "in process" orders because I will be very unhappy if all the orders are not complete. As it is I'm mostly disappointed. The two candles that are not availabe I purchased as gifts and now I have to figure something else out since I was planning on a large jar candle in addition to another gift for my 2 sisters, my mom, and DH's mom for Christmas.

Two of my candles arrived just fine.....they were very well protected and not melted. One was backordered. I can understand how the candles could melt, the heat and humidity here in the Northeast has been unbearabble.

I would call them.

I just checked my order status and it shows that two candles have been shipped, however, I have not received them yet so I don't know if they are in good shape or not as yet, and then there is still one candle on that order that show in process and on my second order all 3 candles show in process so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer to see how this all pans out. I hope everything gets here in good shape! I placed two orders of 3 candles each and planned on using all but one or two for Christmas presents so I really hope they all arrive and in good shape, I was so excited to be almost done with my Christmas shopping I really don't want to have to start all over trying to figure out what to get.

Tina

I ordered 1 regularly priced 22 oz size (a new scent) and 2 1/2 off 22 oz sale ones. Only the new one and 1 of the sale ones came. The other "sale scent" says it was canceled on both the shipping slip and in my email from them (no other information). The 2 candles that did arrive were well packed and not damaged in any way. I just wish the website had let me know that the candle they canceled was out of stock or something, as I would have ordered another sale candle in it's place.

I too placed 3 fairly large orders with Yankee..... NEVER AGAIN!!!! Yes, I love the candles - but from now on... I'll just pay the price at the mall and get what I want - guaranteed.

A day after I placed my orders I checked the status and it immediately showed 2 scents cancelled and one on back order. That very day I called to see if I could substitute the 2 scents that were cancelled for another scent??? They told me "no, the order is already being processed" That was on the 8th of August ~ my order just shipped on the 16th!!! C'mon - they can do better than that. They obviously need to keep better inventory in their computer systems so that when you place a online order - it's either in stock or it's not - period. So - on one order I basically paid $5.00 shipping on a regular priced candle (limited edition Autumn wreath 22.00) and the two 1/2 price candles that were part of this same order were cancelled so my coupon was adjusted accordingly and I ended up paying more for the one candle than I would have paid if I went to Yankee in the mall and bought it. What a rip........ they aren't doing too bad with their "SALE" if ya asked me - they're kinda puttin' it to ya. Just my 2 cents.....

Had this gone differently..... I would have continued to patronize Yankee Online........ live & learn. :confused3

I had no problems with my order. I placed it the day it was posted here, rec'd my order last Friday and placed a second order. Since my Mom was here when the first order came and admired the candles--her birthday is Sept. 4th and I had no idea what to get her so the candles will be perfect!

A few years ago I rec'd a yankee candle that was not scented properly--Home Sweet Home--It smelled like playdough and tide--I wrote them using snail mail withall the information on the scent, problem, etc. about two weeks lateer I received a new candle in the mail. Give them a chance to make good on it--from my experience they stand behind their product.

I called because my 2 orders were showing as pending in their system. I placed these orders the day it was first posted here. the girl said that everything I ordered but the Ocean water scent is in stock. Ocean water is due in today or tommorrow. She said my orders will ship complete within 48 hours. The ocean water is on only one of my orders, I really don't know why both orders were delayed. I just hope they do as they say and ship my orders.

This was the first time I ever ordered from Yankee Candle. I ordered (3) 22 oz candles and (6) votives.

I just got an e-mail saying that my 6 votives have been shipped. Whooopeeee!!!! :rolleyes: Shows 2 of my big ones "in process" and one of them on backorder. Why would they bother to ship 6 votives by themselves when the other ones are "in process". Seems like a waste of money (shipping charges) to me. But, I guess as long as they can't charge me anymore, its allright.

I've ordered numerous times with Yankee and no problems....but this time while not a problem, I got to thinking after I got off the phone that what they did wasn't just right...

I ordered 3 of the sale candles, one shipped and 2 are backordered...well the one came and it had melted....no trying to make use of it as the wick was way down in the melted part...so I called them, she said she could not replace, that scent was sold out, so she could give me a credit, so I decided on the credit. She told me the credit would be $9 and something....ok, the candles were $10.50 I think with the sale, so they are adjusting for shipping on the one defective and I think adjusting cause I had the $5 off code...that to me is not right when I received a defective item. And I may be seeing this wrong and they did refund correctly. I think giving a little back on the shipping might be ok, but they are taking away part of my $5 off coupon?...or so it seems. I don't know, but it just seemed confusing and then I read some of the posts on here that others are upset. I will say though the gal was very pleasant and apologetic over the problem. And I most likely will order from them again in the future.

Okay....I got my ONE regular priced candle - and it is fine. However i was waiting for the packing slip to figure out how they carged me and there's no breakdown. Now I have to call them for sure.

I'm pretty happy with my orders (I placed three). The first two orders came in with one 22oz candle backordered on each. But, I have already received the backordered candles, so no complaints on that. My third order is listed as "in process", so I am hopeful that I will receive them all at once (they are all the same scent).

I must admit that problems like the ones in the other postings are quite common to many sites. I ordered some clothes from the children's place this year - all matched sets, and when the order arrived, one matching shirt was "no longer available". Sometimes colors are hard to match, so I couldn't run to the local Walmart to match up a shirt. I was very disappointed, if they had called me, I would've cancelled the matching shorts to the shirt!

Also, last Halloween, I ordered items from Oriental Trading and paid for expedited shipping. They never called me to tell me that one item (critical to my craft for my daughter's class) was out of stock and just shipped the balance of the order. You would think that if someone is paying for expedited shipping that they would call!!! I had to haggle with them over the phone to get something substituted and expedited to my house. It would've been cheaper for them just to send an email or to call.

I wouldn't give up on Yankee, they can't control the weather around here - and we are the ones choosing to have them shipped in this weather. Give them a chance to make it right.

I received my three candles yesterday here in Texas...where it's HOT!! They were fine...I'm sorry some of you are having a problem - maybe if you let them know they'll make it right... I did buy a small candle at Garden Ridge last week when I was shopping...dummy me - left the bag in the car while I grocery shopped....the car smelled great....the candle was mush!!!!
Barb in Texas

For those who got melted ones can you exchange them at the store?

I ordered 3 and got 1 about a week ago.. just checked and the other 2 have shipped.

I've given up on Yankee Candle for the most part and stick with Hobby Lobby candles when they are half price, or just go to the Root candle factory when they are having a sale. I burn so many candles that it's really not worth the extra to spend on Yankee when I've had nothing but problems with their CS. DH ordered me some dishes for Christmas a few years ago, and nearly everything was broken, they essentially accused *me* of breaking them and it took a very long time to get it ironed out. Even at the mall store, the employees are rude. :confused3

If I'm desperate for a Mickey's Philharmagic fix, I'll pick up a Home Sweet Home votive, but that's about it.

Update......I'm satisfied that my frustration was fixed. However....I probably won't be purchasing from yankeecandle.com much. If I had read their terms and conditions (does anyone really read it all ??) which is my fault I would have seen that they handle orders that way. They did pro-rate everything based on the entire order....which is fair enough....but wasn't the full $10 off because it wasn't a full $25 order (which I still think - "tough, you cancelled the other part not me") but I understand and they do state that. They did allow me to order 2 replacements at the sale price even though the sale is over and they are just charging me the difference so I am ending up with the same thing as I ordered only with different scents. I most likely won't order from them again until they have "real-time" inventory however so I don't have that frustration again. But I am a "satisfied customer" :)

mickey4ver said:
I ordered 3 of the sale candles, one shipped and 2 are backordered...well the one came and it had melted....no trying to make use of it as the wick was way down in the melted part...so I called them, she said she could not replace, that scent was sold out, so she could give me a credit, so I decided on the credit. She told me the credit would be $9 and something....ok, the candles were $10.50 I think with the sale, so they are adjusting for shipping on the one defective and I think adjusting cause I had the $5 off code...that to me is not right when I received a defective item. And I may be seeing this wrong and they did refund correctly. I think giving a little back on the shipping might be ok, but they are taking away part of my $5 off coupon?...or so it seems.

Your refund was probably only $9 and something because you were only charged $9 and something when the first candle shipped. That's how mine was - my total order was around $28. First candle shipped and I was charged $9 something, same with the second, third candle will be the same.
Hope that makes sense.

I received 2 of my candles Monday. The third one I figured would be delivered today and end up sitting on the porch until I got home. There I was sitting in my office when the UPS guy drops off a package for my boss and it reminded me of the candle I was waiting on. I looked up at him and said Ohhh man I wonder if my......next thing I know he's handing me a Yankee Candle box!!! :Pinkbounc He's got to be the best delivery guy we've ever had to remember where I worked and to bring it in rather than deliver to my house this afternoon.

Thats 3 less Christmas presents I have to buy now. Thanks to the OP of the original thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter