• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Else Notice Something Strange? (Ticket Price Talk)

andyman8

DIS Veteran and WDW Passholder
This month, Universal Orlando quietly raised their ticket prices without getting much attention for it. That is because generally WDW also raises them, causing people to collectively lose their minds, either before or in recent years right after UOR. Well, it's been some time (much longer than WDW usually allows) since UOR raised their prices and still nothing from WDW. More to the point, around this time was when WDW raised their prices in 2015 and 2014 if memory serves, yet we haven't heard a word.

I've heard a rumor (I'm going to stress that again: it's a rumor; they very well could just do a normal ticket price increase this weekend) that this delay is because WDW is now working on a plan to roll out dynamic ticket pricing, a revenue stream they hope will help ease Paris and particularly Shanghai's financial troubles. My understanding is that they are working out a PR plan in particular to deal with the negative press they'll get, especially given the talk about them hasn't been great recently with all the cuts and budget overruns.

Does this sound possible? Thoughts?

Anything is possible. WDW is the cash cow for the under performing parks. They will raise ticket prices & suck more money out of WDW visitors in one way or another this year.

I think this may be what Pete was referring to during the discussion about "yield ticket pricing" on recent podcast(s).

This month, Universal Orlando quietly raised their ticket prices without getting much attention for it. That is because generally WDW also raises them, causing people to collectively lose their minds, either before or in recent years right after UOR. Well, it's been some time (much longer than WDW usually allows) since UOR raised their prices and still nothing from WDW. More to the point, around this time was when WDW raised their prices in 2015 and 2014 if memory serves, yet we haven't heard a word.

I've heard a rumor (I'm going to stress that again: it's a rumor; they very well could just do a normal ticket price increase this weekend) that this delay is because WDW is now working on a plan to roll out dynamic ticket pricing, a revenue stream they hope will help ease Paris and particularly Shanghai's financial troubles. My understanding is that they are working out a PR plan in particular to deal with the negative press they'll get, especially given the talk about them hasn't been great recently with all the cuts and budget overruns.

Does this sound possible? Thoughts?
That is exactly what I've heard as to why they are rolling out new prices later. This new system is not necessarily for Paris and Shnaghai though, those two parks are why we are seeing budget cuts right now. Expect the next ticket increase to be quite different than ever before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter