Anyone else listening to the Hamilton soundtrack?

My daughter made me a Hamilton "lite" CD with the major songs but not all. I have listened frequently.

I saw the show a year ago this weekend...and then had to wait a whole month for the cast recording, because it hadn't been released yet when we saw the show.

Downloaded it off iTunes at midnight when it was finally released and have had it playing pretty much on a loop ever since. Amazing score.

Bought it from iTunes a couple of months ago and my dd12 and I listen to it constantly. Closest we will get to actually seeing it for a long time. AMAZING soundtrack!

I have listen to it a lot in the past few months but I recently downloaded Waitress so I have been listening to that one lately.

All the time. Saw it last November and have tickets for September (though they've gotten too rich for me---I have 2 of them up for resale. My kids still plan to go, but me and my friend are hoping to sell our seats and go to a nice Jewish deli instead, lol.)

I am DYING to see it, but don't have a firstborn to sell for tickets. So I will have to wait til the price comes down and/or it travels to Pittsburgh. I love the music. A lot. Especially the first ever recording from the White House in 2006. Miranda was invited to the White House poetry night, and performed The Hamilton Mix Tape. The reaction he got inspired him to make the whole big musical we know and love :).

Our family is obsessed with it. We've been listening to it for a while now (since January maybe??? Definitely before we saw it in March). Dh and I have seen it 2x. The kids have seen it once. DD 13 and her friends listened to it by the pool today...the whole show!

The soundtrack has all but 2 little parts of the show. Otherwise it's the entire show.

I'd recommend the book too (it has the lyrics and the one missing song not included in the soundtrack- I don't think it has the other missing piece at the end).

It the best Broadway show ever imho.

I am DYING to see it, but don't have a firstborn to sell for tickets. So I will have to wait til the price comes down and/or it travels to Pittsburgh. I love the music. A lot. Especially the first ever recording from the White House in 2006. Miranda was invited to the White House poetry night, and performed The Hamilton Mix Tape. The reaction he got inspired him to make the whole big musical we know and love :).

I listened to the White House clip incessantly when I was waiting for the cast recording to come out! The night I saw the show, my mom and I went to the Ham4Ham show outside the theater before the lottery. They had Beth Malone and Roberta Colindrez from Fun Home there that night, who performed “Alexander Hamilton” with Lin. When they got to the first “Alexander Hamilton....” part, Lin mixed in a part of the song “Telephone Wire” from Fun Home so it went “...and there’s a million things I haven’t done...at the light at the light at the light”.

I filmed that on my phone and re-played it so many times that I still have expect to hear “at the light at the light at the light” during “Alexander Hamilton”. :rotfl:

Yup! DD16 knows every bloody word... not even kidding. It's been played.... A LOT! Love it!

Mine too. Every syllable and nuance has been memorized by my D. I have to admit, though, that while listening to the soundtrack on a road trip, I was brought to tears more than once.

I've been listening to it constantly for the past five or so months. I don't always listen straight through, but I probably play it almost every day. It's such an incredible musical. I have most of it memorized now!

All the time. Saw it last November and have tickets for September (though they've gotten too rich for me---I have 2 of them up for resale. My kids still plan to go, but me and my friend are hoping to sell our seats and go to a nice Jewish deli instead, lol.)

How are you going about selling them? I'm honestly interested in buying them!

Mine too. Every syllable and nuance has been memorized by my D. I have to admit, though, that while listening to the soundtrack on a road trip, I was brought to tears more than once.
I have to admit I have a bunch of the songs down but am way out of my league once Lafayette starts laying it down! :rockband:

Obsessively, and it inspires me every time. I was lucky enough to see it early in its run before it gained national attention and I have been obsessed ever since. Best show ever, bar none.

all the time! We enter the ticket lottery every day to try to get the 10.00 tickets- my god daughter won right before Lin left the show!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter