?? anyone else? iphone with rogers?

DearDaisyinDurham

<font color=green>I'm trying not to look at the po
there used to be a thread but I can't find it....did anyone buy the iphone?

if so, please tell me if you're happy with it - and did you get the $15 or $25/month data plan?

Thanks!!! :)

My husband bought it and loves it...I also think it's quite cool but he did not get the data plan and only uses it online when he can find a wifi system like we have at work and at home...

My husband bought it and loves it...I also think it's quite cool but he did not get the data plan and only uses it online when he can find a wifi system like we have at work and at home...

Thanks for the info - is it all positive feedback? any downside or drawbacks???

Thanks for the info - is it all positive feedback? any downside or drawbacks???

The only downside is that it's addictive. I have had to ban it when we are out on the town unless he is taking a photo. :mad:

It takes nice photos...

I enjoy the iPhone primarily due to the fact that I now carry one device as opposed to three, cell, iPod and Palm TX organizer.

I did not get a data plan so I paid a premium for the phone.
For an 8G iPhone I paid $599 instead of $199. I sold my Palm TX for $225 so in the end I paid 75 dollars more for the phone with no data plan. When I bough my phone there were no plans at $15 that I could get.
So at $30 for 6GB per month over 36 months equals $1080 plus taxes brought it close to $1200 over the life of the phone, a cost that I couldn't justify. I don't need to be that connected to warrant paying more for the data plan.

I called Rogers and had them turn off the data feature of the phone so I can't use it by accident at the outrageous cost of $ 0.05 per KB.

The only thing I really miss about not having the data plan is the GPS needs the live data connection to calculate distance and load the maps.

If do plan on using the GPS I pre-load my route at home using Wifi.

When we were in Disney in August I set up a small Wifi network in our DVC accommodations and could use the WIfi feature on the iPhone to browse, load maps of the places we wanted to visit and update folks on Tropical Storm Fay with images that I and DD 9 took with the iPhone

I wish the ringer was louder, there was a 5 MP camera in the phone, a cut & paste feature and FLASH support.

Try these links lots of helpful info.
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/
http://iphoneincanada.ca/forums/

Image taken with Ham Ham's iPhone
IMG_3629.jpg

I am so tempted to get one of these but I need to know the full cost ~ I understand you have to buy the Iphone for about $199 but what are the monthly costs? Right now I have a plan through Bell Mobility but pay about $35 per month plus tax. Is there anything like that that will allow me to take pictures and use the MP3 player part of it?
Sorry to sound so dumb :confused3

Thank you!!! Well after a lot of thought (since the first posts on the original thread months ago) and going back & forth, we got an iTouch instead.

It was more for the ipod features than the phone. I was feeling like the monthly fees from Rogers for the Iphone were going to cost us more in the long run.

Teresa, I think in Canada you can only buy the iphone through Rogers or Fido? However don't take my word for it, Ham Ham has posted some great links above your post.

Any tips on getting the most out of the itouch, I'd LOVE to hear!! :flower3:

:goodvibes Thanks everyone!!!

I have an iPhone with the 6GB data plan. I don't use anywhere near that amount of data but it is really nice to be able get email anywhere. I wish Rogers had some kind of US data plan because after having data access all the time it is a painful withdrawal while traveling in the US. I plan to get a small travel wireless router (probably an Airport Express) to ensure I have wifi access in hotel rooms.

The only negative is that you have to look at the phone to answer and dial it. It was much quicker to use my Razr for phone calls. I still wouldn't go back because, like Ham Ham, going from three devices to one is too convenient.

Chris,
I swear the Rogers guy said one of the plusses of the iphone was the free internet in the states? He said you can pick up more wifi there & that all the surfing, emailing all was free? He mentioned it b/c we add the US minutes frequently when we go.

I'm glad the phone is getting good reviews. I'm enjoying the ipod parts of the itouch and am looking forward to the wifi part.

Thanks!
Daisy

AT&T is providing many free wifi hotspots but as far as I know there Rogers users can't use them. If there is free wifi then can use it but my experience is that there isn't all that much. In any case it is the cell network data that I really want because then it is alway live.

So here is the ultimate geek iPhone moment. I was in my local LCBO in the Vintages section and I couldn't find a wine I was looking for. I had the product code from the Toronto Star review. I pulled out my iPhone, went on the LCBO web site and learned that my store didn't have any stock but the one across town did. Could I have asked someone sure but using the iPhone saved me some time. Until you have data all the time you really don't know how useful it is.

love that - that is too funny!!!!!

this kinda irks me like the chase disney visa AND the kindle. I really read a LOT. I would love a kindle. can we get it here - no. argh.

oh well. I love it here! those things (or better) will come to us eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter