Anyone else here have Gastric bypass, and how does disney work with you?

offtheice

Mouseketeer
Got a question for those of you that had the surgery. I had mine back in aug. Dropped 140 lbs already . My big question is how does disney work with you. I called and asked and they told me to just bring my card from my doc so i can order childs meals. Problem with that is most childs meals are chicken nuggets or fried stuff that I still cant eat yet. I am going in april and my food intake is getting better now with different things i can try ,but i still eat like a mouse for the most. Can someone give me some helpfull hints since this will be my first time at disney where i just cant walk up and order a burger and fries for lunch?? :badpc:

offtheice said:
Got a question for those of you that had the surgery. I had mine back in aug. Dropped 140 lbs already . My big question is how does disney work with you. I called and asked and they told me to just bring my card from my doc so i can order childs meals. Problem with that is most childs meals are chicken nuggets or fried stuff that I still cant eat yet. I am going in april and my food intake is getting better now with different things i can try ,but i still eat like a mouse for the most. Can someone give me some helpfull hints since this will be my first time at disney where i just cant walk up and order a burger and fries for lunch?? :badpc:

First off, let me congratulate you! That's an awesome loss. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I had the bypass in March of last year (lost 160 so far--it's slowed drastically in the last few months). I plan to split meals with my travel partner or perhaps order an appetizer. I will eat a couple kids meals as well.

I think for us, life is just gonna come down to (sometimes) order what you want, eat what you can then walk away. And remember to be very careful...you don't wanna be stuck 'dumping' somewhere in Disney!

Again, let me be your cheerleader!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

beansmom said:
First off, let me congratulate you! That's an awesome loss. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I had the bypass in March of last year (lost 160 so far--it's slowed drastically in the last few months). I plan to split meals with my travel partner or perhaps order an appetizer. I will eat a couple kids meals as well.

I think for us, life is just gonna come down to (sometimes) order what you want, eat what you can then walk away. And remember to be very careful...you don't wanna be stuck 'dumping' somewhere in Disney!

Again, let me be your cheerleader!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:cool1: AGree. That was one of my biggest fears. Only in the last week since my surgery have I actually felt like eating some more regular food. Only problem ,my pouch still doesnt like it and some of the dumping feeling starts.. Thank god I have experienced a small part of the dumping since my surgery. I guess maybe I will just on plan on sharing my food with one of my kids or the wife.. I am really just worried about the $$ aspect of it. To spend 10 bucks at cape may and only eat a handfull size of food is going to kill my budget..lol :wave:

i know exactly what you mean. I want to eat at Jiko but am afraid I will become indisposed after. And the money is an issue. My roomate and I split a lot of stuff. At this point, I would honestly maybe just nibble off everyone else's plates. Except...they never order what I want!!

I guess it will some of each this trip.

Would ordering an appetizer as a main course work? I'm not sure a buffet would be good value/good idea even if Disney charged you the child's rate.

i too, recently had Surgery in Dec 04. I was wondering the same thing. My vacation is in 23 days. I plan to order appetizers much as i can. i also plan on having things like protein bars of slim fast on some occiasions to save money. It's just me and my dd11, so i'm going to do a character meal. Congrads to everyone on there weight Loss. i'm down 50lbs myself.

Dawn77 said:
i too, recently had Surgery in Dec 04. I was wondering the same thing. My vacation is in 23 days. I plan to order appetizers much as i can. i also plan on having things like protein bars of slim fast on some occiasions to save money. It's just me and my dd11, so i'm going to do a character meal. Congrads to everyone on there weight Loss. i'm down 50lbs myself.

Good job dawn .. Yea I will probably do the same for the most. The problem is where I am now i can finally eat regular meal ..Usually one big one and the big one is 3 scoops of rigatoni ....lol

Congrats on your weight loss, that's awesome!

There was a person on another message board who had a gastric bypass. She ate at Jiko and just ordered two appitizers. She only ate a little bit of each. She took pictures of her meal and wrote down some notes to use in her trip report. Well the chef came out and asked if the meal was o.k. and if he could bring her anything else out. He was all worried. They thought she was a food critic! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter