Anyone else heading to Vegas for spring break?

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
My DD and I will again be heading to Vegas for March 25-30 spring break!
Right now our loose plan is

Tropicana two nights - focus on pool, dinner show at Excalibur, NYNY to eat

Monte Carlo two nights - focus on wave pool, lazy river, Blue Man group show, explore typical fun ( eating, shopping) at Bellagio, Caesars, Venetian

Golden Nugget two nights - focus on pool and shark tank water slide, zip line, Freemont fun, and loose slots

well, in order to capitalize on my Hilton Honor's diamond status, we are changing it up a little......cutting out Monte Carlo and instead am trying the Hilton Lake Las Vegas. Will do some hiking and lake activities.Hoping to arrange a free shuttle between the two properties.

We are taking dds (17 and 13) for their first trip to Vegas during our spring break ( March 8th to the 14th). We are staying at the Mirage this time, dh's favorite is the Bellagio, but Mirage is closer to the Fashion Show mall, the shops at the Venetian/Palazzo, and Caesers Forum shops. We are renting a car this time to go over to the Mount Charleston/ Lee Canyon area to go play in the snow/ maybe ski (we live in the South, so snow is always fun for us). We are trying to decide on shows now, it is really hard to get 4 people to agree on the shows! Dh and I are going to see Celine Dion (that is my pick, dds don't want to go so it will just be us two). Our big splurge is a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. Dh and I have been many times but this will be the girls first time. I hope my girls like Vegas as much as dh and I do!

I live here so I'm always around. :) If either of you want to get together for lunch let me know and we'll get something worked out!

Judy- If you're cutting Blue Man I highly recommend rethinking that idea. haha. It's an awesome show! One of my favorite shows ever!

I'm trying to convince dh to see the Blueman Group again so the girls can see it. It is so hard to describe what the show is like to my dds, so they can vote yes or no to seeing the show. I have seen them twice and loved it both times. The only thing about the Blueman Group is the fact that you can see the show other places, for example... City Walk at Universal Orlando or the also tour around the country. Dh really wants to see new shows this trip. I love all the Cirque shows so I'm pushing to see one of them. I think we are going to see V The Ultimate show and Vegas! The Show, just to give dds some variety (at somewhat inexpensive prices) and I know they are family friendly. How is the Clark County Museum?

I'm trying to convince dh to see the Blueman Group again so the girls can see it. It is so hard to describe what the show is like to my dds, so they can vote yes or no to seeing the show. I have seen them twice and loved it both times. The only thing about the Blueman Group is the fact that you can see the show other places, for example... City Walk at Universal Orlando or the also tour around the country. Dh really wants to see new shows this trip. I love all the Cirque shows so I'm pushing to see one of them. I think we are going to see V The Ultimate show and Vegas! The Show, just to give dds some variety (at somewhat inexpensive prices) and I know they are family friendly. How is the Clark County Museum?

Saw Blue Man the last time we were in Vegas. Chose it because it was one of the few shows that allowed kids under 5. Mystère is another, but we'd already seen it (I also saw it back in the 90s).

Each Blue Man show is a little different. I'm pretty sure that some of the themes weren't present a decade ago like advanced mobile devices. The one thing I wished I'd done was spring maybe $15 each more for closer seats. The theater is actually pretty small, but 50 feet closer would have made for a better experience.

The strange thing is that there's almost no more of the standard revue shows left except for Jubilee at Bally's.

How long ago did he see BMG and which venue? They just changed the show almost completely when they moved to the Monte Carlo from the Venetian. There are some similarities to the other 4 shows and the tour but a lot of it is brand new stuff for this venue only. Some things, like Drumbone, Spin Art, and twinkie feast, transferred over from the old show but the rest is new.

The Clark County Museum is small(compared to the museums I'm used to in Chicago anyways :rotfl:) but a neat way to spend a few hours and is very cheap($2/adult if I remember right).

I'm glad that Blueman has added some new things. We saw twice when they were at the Venetian and really enjoyed it. I'll be sure to tell dh about the new material. I think my dds would really enjoy the show. We are also thinking about doing some of the afternoon shows at Planet Hollywood.

We are taking our son during "mid winter break" in 2 weeks.

Staying at Four Queens downtown for a night, and then headed to Excalibur for 2 nights.

Going to the Tournament of Kings, Wax Museum, Celine Dion concert, and get a massage!

We all are excited!

We'll be there the first few days straight after Easter. Open to hotel suggestions as we've never been before. 4-5 star hotel. We'd love to see Blue Man Group, as we were booked on a cruise they were playing on but then cancelled to make it a family holiday instead.

For anyone buying show tickets that are not Cirque tickets(they're usually not on the list) I recommend going to a Tix4tonight booth on the strip and getting your tickets that way. They're usually 25-50% off box office prices for same day shows and they have most of the shows on and off the strip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!