• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else having issue with DISboards webpage?(unwanted popup ads)

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I view the DIS using my Iphone and Macbook computer and every so often I will either have the page load just the news/blogs stories list no way to get to the threads. Or I will be on the DIS and I will click to see a thread and it will transfer me to a full page ad for something and will not load any threads to be viewed just keeps sending me to view different full page (screen) ads. I can't explain why this is happening but very frustrated that I have to come back later then it seems to not happen for a while. I have changed nothing just came back to the DIS later. :confused3

I've had some issues with the App ...not so much with the web version.

I've had issues all morning but it's different threads. I could read one on the budget board with no issues, but another one would bring me to what looked like a Good Housekeeping page with Ellen DeGeneres and Dr. Oz on it. Same thing on other threads.

Just trying to come back and see the reply to my thread this ad popped up. I took a screen shot of my phones screen.

image_zpsd06d7b7e.jpg

This one popped up while I was trying to post that last post.
What is this webpage and why does it keep popping up on my devices?

image_zps40b5bc93.jpg

Yes. This has been happening to me too. And I'm on my pc. Although it didn't happen on this thread, obviously!

I take that back--it just DID happen on this thread--several times. Very annoying!

I've had issues all morning but it's different threads. I could read one on the budget board with no issues, but another one would bring me to what looked like a Good Housekeeping page with Ellen DeGeneres and Dr. Oz on it. Same thing on other threads.

Yes thank goodness it isn't just me.

What is going on with these ads? I kept thinking I accidentally touched on the ads while scrolling but after the 10th time, I realized it wasn't me. I hope this isn't the new revenue model for the DIS- unwanted pop up ads.

Very strange. I'm not getting anything like that here and I'm on the boards a lot during the day.

What OS/browser are you all using? I'm on a Mac (Yosemite) using Safari.

Happening to my too. VERY ANNOYING! If anyone knows how to fix it, please post so I can get rid of this!

Happening to me too on my Mac (Mavericks/Safari).

Me too. Mac Airbook using Chrome.

On a side note: After reading through some of the posts on the "lack of personal responsibility" thread I had to laugh. I, of course, was 100% sure I was doing something wrong (clicking on things accidentally.) I guess I tend to take personal responsibility a little too seriously!

Happening to me this morning on a Dell desktop using Google Chrome as my browser and its SO annoying!!

Thanks to those who are posting their configurations. So far I don't see any common thread other than browsing the boards. I'm wondering if one of the google pushed adds is the culprit.

Are any of you using AdBlock extensions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter