Anyone Else have this problem??

PrincessTrisha

DIS Veteran
Ever since I started telling people (friends, co-workers, etc) that I will be going to Disney World, I have gotten so many requests of

"Oh, I just love ______ , I'll give you money to bring me back something."

One co worker, even said she'd just give me her bank card!

I don't mind being nice, but I can only bring back so much stuff. And I have things that I want, gifts for my friends and family, etc.

I mean really, if I bring back all of the "requests" I will have used up my 7 day allowance of $750 Cdn.

But how do you nicely say, "No."?

puckerup:

Hi:

We find that we don't really have enough time to do the things that we want to do at wdw, even on a 8 day stay. I might get a half day of shopping but that is about that. But even with that I have a hard enough time buying for my own family for future birthday, xmas etc.

I don't like to buy in the parks and carry things around with us.

Although it doesn't help that my hubby hates shopping.

Deb.

It sounds like when you go to Vegas and people say, "I'll give you some money to bet for me." :sad2:

Just politely say you probably won't have much time for shopping, then show them a nicely prepared "commando" DIS itinerary. That should do it!

I'll only do it for my DISFriends!

And then if I don't get a chance, they understand, 'cause they know we'll be going back!LOL

Scratch

Tell them you are flying with a carryon only, and not checking any luggage... no room for stuff!!!!

kikipug said:
Tell them you are flying with a carryon only, and not checking any luggage... no room for stuff!!!!
I wish that works, my boss said she will buy me a suitcase to bring her stuff back! That's why I never tell my coworkers where I am going anymore.

Tell them you'll mail their stuff to them (so you can stay under your limit) - with a 20% surcharge for having to go to the post office on your vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter