• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else happy to see 2009 go?

DVCJones

DIS Veteran
I for one am happy to see it go. 2009 was very stressful and I am looking forward to 2010. However, when looking back on the last decade, I am happy to say it was collectively a very rewarding 10 years.

I married my DH and had my 2 beautiful DDs!!!!! What is better than that?!

Oh, and I bought DVC. hehehe

Anyone else......?

Glad to see 2009 & the entire decade go....not the greatest for my family & me. Hoping 2010 brings a positive change for all.

I am SO glad to say good-bye to 2009. It was a really stressful and sad year for us. I'm looking forward to the new year, and new decade! :thumbsup2

I for one am happy to see it go. 2009 was very stressful and I am looking forward to 2010. However, when looking back on the last decade, I am happy to say it was collectively a very rewarding 10 years.

I married my DH and had my 2 beautiful DDs!!!!! What is better than that?!

Oh, and I bought DVC. hehehe

Anyone else......?

Three good things... My Daughter was born, I had my 5 year anniversary and I FINALLY got my Bachelor's degree. The rest of the year was terrible.

So yep, glad to kick it to the curb.

I'm joining in on being happy to see the entire decade go. It's been a rough one.

2009 wasn't the best year for me but it also wasn't the worst. Time goes by so fast (and keeps getting faster every year) that I don't want to wish any of it away.

2009 couldn't end fast enough for me. Some really great blessings, of course, but overall it was an extraordinarily tough year. I have high hopes for 2010:-)

Peace to you all!
Michele/Rutgers

2009 - Mom died and uncle died, last of their generation. Tough transition for family.
Other than that, just time to turn another page on the calendar.

2009 was one of the best years of my life. I reconnected with an old college friend and together we took 4 trips to WDW and one cruise to the Bahamas.

I hope 2010 can be half as good for me. So far so good as we have two trips to WDW booked.

I am glad to see 2009 go!
It wasn't the greatest, but I do have a lot of positives too.
We celebrated ten years on September 11 th, we are healthy,
have had two wonderful trips to Disney this year, ( PCC 1.0, & DAP).
We have a lot of new and amazing friends.
Here's hoping 2010 will be even better!
Happy New Year! :)

I am glad to see 2009 go! It was a rough year for us...it started out on an extremely positive note, but quickly turned sour when we both lost our jobs. DH went back to work first and I finally went back to work in November. Our income level has changed significantly, but we are adjusting. We are now focused on the future...and rebuilding our nest.

Even with the bad parts of 2009, there were still lots of good things that happened. We were still able to go on PCC 1.0 and I went to DAP. I have made some amazing friends who I miss terribly everyday. I'm not sure how I would have made it through this last year without them. :grouphug:

Things I am looking forward to in 2010...

1. Finally getting my Bachelor's degree! Trying to decide what I want to do for a Master's degree now...

2. PCC 2.0...I am hoping that things look up so that we can join our friends on PCC 2.0 in December...

I'm another one to see 2009 go. My DH and I both remained employed, thank goodness, but it was a very stressful year. I had 3 broken bones (osteoporosis from lupus treatments), our DS had a major car accident, and my Mom's health issues all made for a rough year. Our upcoming trip to Fort Wilderness is making 2010 look a lot brighter! :goodvibes

1. Finally getting my Bachelor's degree! Trying to decide what I want to do for a Master's degree now...

2. PCC 2.0...I am hoping that things look up so that we can join our friends on PCC 2.0 in December...

1. Masters in BA perhaps?

2. Your friends are hopping you can join them also!

I am glad to see 2009 go! It was a rough year for us...it started out on an extremely positive note, but quickly turned sour when we both lost our jobs. DH went back to work first and I finally went back to work in November. Our income level has changed significantly, but we are adjusting. We are now focused on the future...and rebuilding our nest.

Even with the bad parts of 2009, there were still lots of good things that happened. We were still able to go on PCC 1.0 and I went to DAP. I have made some amazing friends who I miss terribly everyday. I'm not sure how I would have made it through this last year without them. :grouphug:

Good luck on the BA... It really felt good to finally finish mine after 14 years off and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter