• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else getting phone calls from 44 20 3006 6781

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I've started getting repeated calls on my cell phone from this number. I looked it up and it is a Great Britain number. It showed up when I did a Google search so I'm obviously not the only one it is happening to. I haven't answered though I must admit I'm curious who it is or what they're selling.

Be careful! A lot of phone plans are unlimited in the US only. You could pay a lot of money accepting a cell phone call from the UK! Just sayin'.

Sayhello

Be careful! A lot of phone plans are unlimited in the US only. You could pay a lot of money accepting a cell phone call from the UK! Just sayin'.

Sayhello

I thought of that which is part of why I haven't answered, along with the fact that I don't know a soul in Great Britain.

Mystery solved. Much to my surprise, the call was legitimate. It was from a medical research company for which I'm scheduled to do a study next week. I've only communicated with them by email and had no reason to know that they were based in the UK. They managed to look up and call my office landline and reached me that way.

Mystery solved. Much to my surprise, the call was legitimate. It was from a medical research company for which I'm scheduled to do a study next week. I've only communicated with them by email and had no reason to know that they were based in the UK. They managed to look up and call my office landline and reached me that way.
I wonder why they didn't leave you a voice mail? This is going to get me to rant about a pet peeve (be prepared). Why oh why do people NOT leave voice mail. And why-oh-why do some people call back the caller ID number BEFORE waiting for a voicemail to appear?! I cannot tell you how many times we answer calls in the office where the calls goes about as follows:

Me: "Good morning/afternoon [insert business name here]"

Caller: "Someone just called me from this number...?"

Me: "We have many people here [sir/madam], do you know who called you *smiling face*? Are you working with someone at [repeated business name]?"

Caller: "Aaah, no. I just saw this number on my caller ID"

Me: "Did we leave you a voicemail?"

Caller: "Uuum, yeah ... it looks like it."

Me: (in my nicest customer service voice) "I am happy to take a turn around the office and ask if someone called you *smiling voice* but it might be more efficient if you listened to the voicemail and gave us a call back. It's up to you, though."

Caller: "Yeah ... I'll listen to the voicemail. Umm ... thanks."

Me: "You're welcome. Thank you."

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I wonder why they didn't leave you a voice mail?

I wondered the same thing. I don't think I would have called back but I would have answered the next time they called.

I've had the same experience with people not listening to messages before calling back. In fact, I've even had people call back while I was still on the phone leaving the message. That's even more annoying.

UK Mobile Phones all start 07... so would show up internationally as 447... Any other number is a landline. It's easy to tell if a UK call is coming from a mobile by looking for that (just in case you get any in the future!)

I've been getting calls from NE a few times a week now. Telemarketers I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter