Anyone else drawn to OKW addonitis?

WDWFERN

Mouseketeer
Alas with all my wonderings and contemplation these last few months, this is a scenario I hadn’t foreseen! All ready to add on about 200 points at RIV, but wow that price/point at OKW is sooo hard to pass up. We often book the 1 bedroom preferred at RIV, many times even within 7 months so I’m having a hard time justifying extra cost of RIV points instead of going with OKW, since it seems like often the preferred views at RIV are available at 7 months. I know the dues at OKW are higher, but the initial buy in difference is significant up front….

It is a good deal, but I'm avoiding using OKW as my contract for direct benefits because I keep hearing that more and more resorts seem to be having 7 month availability issues when they didn't use to have any problems. That and with nobody knowing what Disney may or may not do in the future with all of the Trust discussion, I am avoiding buying into a resort that I would not be 100% happy staying at as at least part of every stay. If you love OKW then go for it! But I really value proximity to parks over all else so it would be a no for me personally

I am in a similar boat. Every time I think I have made a decision on which resort, I think of another reason to switch to something different. Good pros and cons for all of the current resorts with incentives.

It is a good deal, but I'm avoiding using OKW as my contract for direct benefits because I keep hearing that more and more resorts seem to be having 7 month availability issues when they didn't use to have any problems. That and with nobody knowing what Disney may or may not do in the future with all of the Trust discussion, I am avoiding buying into a resort that I would not be 100% happy staying at as at least part of every stay. If you love OKW then go for it! But I really value proximity to parks over all else so it would be a no for me personally
Same, same and same. Also, if you have other resale points and are using this to get blue card benefits, OKW may expire before your other resorts.

I am defintely tempted. If we were buying I forced sure would buy direct okw points right now. When we bought our last blt contract we tried to buy okwe resale but they wouldn't budge and I got the lowest buy in price, at that point. We would like to have more okw points for the grand villas. We only have 75 okw out of our 625 points

We have added on a couple of times, ... just think of all the credit card points you could get... And all the fun buying even *more* discounted Disney gift cards this fall to pay dues!!...part of me wants to just buy 500 and be done with it...

... For now

I ran numbers and worked plans for purchasing 150 points and selling my 100 resale. I am not quite ready to buy and despite the temptation I decided to stand with what I have. We are staying at the poly for the first time in August so all things might change after that trip!

Don’t think I can convince myself to buy at a resort that I would be disappointed if I “had” to stay there.
Same, OKW is not the resort for us. It’s our personal resort of last resorts. I’m jealous of people who love it because the rooms are big and the point charts are cheap.

Alas with all my wonderings and contemplation these last few months, this is a scenario I hadn’t foreseen! All ready to add on about 200 points at RIV, but wow that price/point at OKW is sooo hard to pass up. We often book the 1 bedroom preferred at RIV, many times even within 7 months so I’m having a hard time justifying extra cost of RIV points instead of going with OKW, since it seems like often the preferred views at RIV are available at 7 months. I know the dues at OKW are higher, but the initial buy in difference is significant up front….
RIV you really should only be buying if you want standard view and want to save points/potential firework views. Preferred view 1BR is pretty much always there at 7 months. Idk where else you own but maybe a sale on direct SSR, AKL could make sense if trying to lower buy in price and don’t care as much about home resort priority but at least SSR would have better dues and AKL could give you access to value and club level which you would actually have a good chance of getting since you like 1BRs. If okay with a higher buy in Poly 2 would also be an option if you wanted to be around MK and have access to the tower.. or if you wanted the occasional Disneyland trip VDH would give beneficial home resort priorities but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lots of options.

My biggest hesitation is that if DVC does something with any new models (trust or otherwise) that historic 7 month patterns might be completely changed.

That said, because sold out resorts can’t be added to the trust and RIV would be unlikely to get added since only 25% undeclared, it may very well remain that preferred views at RIV have pretty secure availability at 7 months.

I wouldn't be disappointed if I had to stay at any deluxe dvc resort! Okay, not SSR please, but only because I don't care for Saratoga Springs, NY and don't want to pretend I am in New York State in Florida.

Where are you guys seeing a special offer for direct points at OKW? When I log into my DVC account I can only see offers for the wilderness cabins, AUL, RIV and DLH. I’m a UK member. Is the OKW offer something that’s only available to those in the US? If so, could someone post a link or screenshot? I’m intrigued!

Where are you guys seeing a special offer for direct points at OKW? When I log into my DVC account I can only see offers for the wilderness cabins, AUL, RIV and DLH. I’m a UK member. Is the OKW offer something that’s only available to those in the US? If so, could someone post a link or screenshot? I’m intrigued!
Here's a link to the OKW promotion price sheet. I'm not sure if it's only available to those of us in the US. You will need to contact a DVC guide.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter