• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else depressed about having no plans for a Disney Trip??

AnnDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
Misery loves company......

I am reading all about the Podcast Cruise, extending the 4/3 deal, pins for free dining, 40% off, etc. etc. etc.

I am soooooo sad that we have no plans to go back.

It's not that we haven't been spoiled either. We went as a family in December 2007 and Christmas week 2008 through New Years. I was even fortunate enough to sneak in the Toy Story Mania event. But in the last year we spent $8,000 (including the dining plan and travel) there. The well is dry. And it has been.

So I spend a few minutes each morning entering a few sweepstakes for Disney. Last year this time, I was consumed with the CMO competition.

Anyone else in a serious Disney Depression?? :sad1:

You betcha'! No plans to go at the moment, although I am still holding out hope for a May weekend meet with the PodCast team.

Ohh..I'm so with you. Even though we do have plans to go back Feb 2010, that's just SO far away. I want to be going in May when "everyone else" is going.
The great deals that are out there now don't help the craving either!

Yes! We just did a Jan 2009 trip and said our next one would be Feb 2011! How can I wait 2 years? I was looking at resorts the week we got back! :rotfl: I've been entering all those sweepstakes too. Maybe we can win a trip and go back now!!!!:woohoo:

I get so depressed too. I was so excited for 6 months or so planning our trip last fall. It was my husbands first time and he says he might want to go back someday. I just love WDW I hope to convince in to go back at least in a couple of years or maybe I will just go with my adult son who loves WDW as much as I do.
Debbie

I get so depressed too. I was so excited for 6 months or so planning our trip last fall. It was my husbands first time and he says he might want to go back someday. I just love WDW I hope to convince in to go back at least in a couple of years or maybe I will just go with my adult son who loves WDW as much as I do.
Debbie

Yes! We just did a Jan 2009 trip and said our next one would be Feb 2011! How can I wait 2 years? I was looking at resorts the week we got back! :rotfl: I've been entering all those sweepstakes too. Maybe we can win a trip and go back now!!!!:woohoo:

<<<<<<<<<< constantly making different touring plans for a non-existent Disney trip.....constantly :sad2:

There's something about NOT having a trip coming up to look forward to...

We just returned from our Jan. 2009 trip, but I have a friend who is at WDW right now - she called me today from the Animal Kingdom, and I just felt a little down, knowing I couldn't say for sure when I'd return.

It's a mix of things - the possibility of having another child, the cost, etc., but it's hard no matter who you are and what your circumstances.

Thank goodness for the boards and the podcast! (Most people think I'm absolutely nuts when it comes to WDW.)

I am so with all of you. So sad. :sad1: I know I'm spoiled. We sent in Sept. '07, Jan. '08, two days in March '08, Nov. '08 and there for the marathon Jan. '09. It was a great year!!! For the first time in a L - O - N - G time I do not have a trip planned and one doesn't fit into our plans for the next year either as we are planning DD's wedding (for 9/19/09). So I am with all of you who keep checking the rates, dates and planning non existent trips. We'll get through this but it won't be pretty. :scared:

If I'm not mistaken.....Pete has announced that there are Disneyland and Walt Disney World (I believe this one includes dining) trips in the prizematron.

There are more than a few DisUnplugged regulars around who have won Disney vacations.

Maybe instead of feeling bad......you should channel that energy and come up with creative ideas to get a shot at one of them.

You never know where the next great Podcast idea will come from.....

Some folks are in the right place at the right time.....

Some folks listen very carefully...

Some take awesome photos...

You just never know.

Hope this gives you all the creative spark :wizard: and points y'all in positive direction.:thumbsup2

I forgot to add that my DH has had fun at Disney World but is so NOT in a Disney Depression about the fact that he has no immediate plans to return.

I, on the other hand, am plotting and planning. A reward for weight loss?? Tried that. Said I would lose a certain amount more by the time we went over Christmas (didn't happen).

So now, I have "decided" that my new weight loss goal reward will be booking a trip when I have REACHED the goal. And I just kindof just keep saying this out loud so that my DH will be used to hearing it. He sooooooo thinks I am a complete freak for wanting to go back again so soon. We just got back from our last trip on January 4th!

Then I read about the 4/3 deal being extended and know I still can't reach my goal in time to book and go by August (I still have a lot to lose).

Disney Destination Deception coupled with Disney Depression leads to Disney Dieting Denial. :sad2:

If I'm not mistaken.....Pete has announced that there are Disneyland and Walt Disney World (I believe this one includes dining) trips in the prizematron.

There are more than a few DisUnplugged regulars around who have won Disney vacations.

Maybe instead of feeling bad......you should channel that energy and come up with creative ideas to get a shot at one of them.

You never know where the next great Podcast idea will come from.....

Some folks are in the right place at the right time.....

Some folks listen very carefully...

Some take awesome photos...

You just never know.

Hope this gives you all the creative spark :wizard: and points y'all in positive direction.:thumbsup2

Great.......with all you are going through Kevin..........YOU take the time to post and inspire me!! Thoughts and prayers still coming your way!

So glad I stole that hug from you when I did at TSM. :hug:

I am right there with you. I keep trying to convince the hubby to go back before our youngest DD turns 4 at the end of September--keep saying "before we have to pay for her!:goodvibes " He's not biting yet--we are trying to get all our debt paid off though, so he's putting it off for a good reason. Maybe I can convince him to buy DVC once everything is paid off.:banana:

Thanks Kevin! You're right - more seems to happen with positive energy than with negative energy.

I'll just be prepared to tap into my immense creative energy, when the time comes! :)

Same here, still waiting to win but we are planning on December. Hopefully it will happen, if not, that would be the time that I'll be depressed. :lmao:

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Ok - working on my creative spark and my positive energy :wizard: (while trying to diet so I'm not the really FAT mother of the bride in September). I did try to tell my daugter she should get married at Disney (yes, I know I had ulterior motives to that), but she didn't buy into that idea. :confused3 So for now I will continue to listen and think and plan and see what I can come up with. Thanks Kevin.

Count me in the depressed as well. And the kicker is is that DH is going in January WITHOUT ME!!!! He's running the marathon with some friends on a No Girls Allowed Weekend. I'm hoping to be huge and pregnant at the time, so they left me out of the booking plans. :mad: If I'm NOT huge and/or pregnant, then I just might sneak down and surprise him at the finish line! ;)

We're doing to DL June 30-July 5 so that abates the hurt a little. It's still not my beloved World, though.

It's been unseasonably warm and wet here the past few days (60-70 degrees) and it's sure felt like Florida!

I hear ya! I'm working on a review for the podcast (hoping it will get read :thumbsup2 ) and planning to find a way to get to MagicMeets in PA this summer. Not exactly a trip down there, but a Disney fix nonetheless!

--H

PS - we just got back 10 days ago!!

Bummed about not having a trip? That's me!

Creative? Not me! Not one single creative bone in this body!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter