Anyone else care to share thier cruise budget

I do believe you are right about the gas. I think I am overbudgeting on that one. Maybe 300 bucks at most.:thumbsup2 We are in north Georgia, our county borders Tennessee. Hey how many miles a gallon does a Suburban get, I think thats what we may drive?

We are going to Atlantis, once in a lifetime thing.

Insurance, I am looking at Disney, but will be looking elsewhere to.:thumbsup2

I think I might be down $120 now. :)
Suburban gets about 13-14 city, 17-18 highway. Who knows though...the way gas prices are heading, maybe you should stick with the $400...just read that some expect prices to hit $5 per gallon by 2012!!

What are you doing at Atlantis? You can take a cab over there for about 40 bucks and then do the tour on your own. Are you planning on renting a room for pool access?

Suburban gets about 13-14 city, 17-18 highway. Who knows though...the way gas prices are heading, maybe you should stick with the $400...just read that some expect prices to hit $5 per gallon by 2012!!

What are you doing at Atlantis? You can take a cab over there for about 40 bucks and then do the tour on your own. Are you planning on renting a room for pool access?

Ya, we are renting a room at CS for the pool access and just a few things on CC.

Ok, updated version.....

20-miscellanous, tolls, porters, ect.
20-tips, 125-OBC for the rest
30-parking
140-insurance
150-gas
275-2 nights at CBR
275-souvernirs, took 25 away from hubby!!!:laughing:
300-food
425-port activities
1764-cruise fare

3399-total

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER list out all of your expenses! That is the only way we can continue to travel! If I ever made a list like that, DH would drop dead!

For a week long cruise I typically expect that we will spend somewhere between $1,500-$2,000 on the ship PLUS souvies in ports. We do not purchase lots of pics nor do we do the spa but we DO tend to drink our fair share and we do a lot of excursions. (Pretty much everything we can squeeze into a day.)

NOW, for our Med cruise next summer we're at $4,378 for the cruise fare. We have $400 in OBC which will cover the tips & a few drinks. I am planning to do private tours in at least 2 ports but maybe 3 for which I am budgeting $2,000 (depends on the darned Euro). I expect to cut back on our other ports and hope to not go over $300 per day on those. International AIRFARE is my current beast that I am trying to plan for. It is looking like $1,300ish pp which is a LOT more than what it was when we originally booked the cruise. We will use credit card miles to cover at least 1 of us. I was hoping to cover 2 but can't at those prices. :headache: But we CAN use miles to cover other travel related items like hotels so perhaps we can cover our extra nights in Barcelona that way. :confused3 We have found someone who wanted a points transfer so have transferred 1/2 of our DVC points to get the cash to use for our nights in Paris pre-cruise. I am HOPING our total out-of-pocket will end up being roughly $10,000 for everything except souvies (give or take $1,000).:rolleyes1 This will be for 4 nights in Paris, 2-3 nights in Barcelona and the 7-night cruise for a total of 2 weeks. I actually don't think that sounds TOOOO bad for some reason.:confused3 (We spent almost $8K on our first DCL / DL trip back in 2005.)

Cat 9C gty Mexican Riviera in march 2011
2adults, 2 kids ages 14, 11

Cruise Fare with kids sail free $2300
Driving to port $100 round trip
Night precruise $150 including parking for free at hotel
Tips $336
Excursions $500
Photos $100
Souvies $75
Drinks $100
Total $3661

WOW! That's alot for a cheap cruise!

Me, hubby, DD 9, DS 10
7 night Eastern Carribean 3/11

Well so far I have:

*Cruise: about $4400 to $5800, depending on room (haven't decided yet)

*Kennel to board dog (almost forgot that one) $170 to $200 (haven't added up how many nights yet she'll have to be there)

*Tips, probably the typical expected amount total so about $336, have $200 OBC so probably gonna use that and cover the rest ourselves

*Round-trip train from NC to Orlando- $300 total (We drive an Excursion so honestly gas would probably cost us more to get down there and back! And this way, we can leave the driving to someone else for once!)

*Excursions- not sure if we'll even do any yet (first cruise)

*Maybe $100 total for dinner by ourselves once and a few drinks

*Hotel for night before/after cruise- Haven't decided if gonna use timeshare points or book separately...hopefully not more than $150 night if so

*Passport renewal costs...hubby's is good, mine and the kids' are not- so about, YIKES, $400!!

I don't want to add the total up...LOL!

I am hoping the calendar will be bumped out by then so we can book a cruise for Christmas 2012 while onboard and not have to spend so much for the cruise alone! I keep seeing what y'all are paying and thinking we're paying WAY too much!

BTW, thanks for mentioning the insurance comparisons...DCL wanted almost $400 for this trip for insurance alone! I love finding a good deal so any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Tolls from WDW to Terminal $20.00 ($10.00 each way In reality I think it's about $6.00)
Parking at Port Canaveral: $15.00 per day (you now pay at the end of your cruise, tuck the cash in your glove compartment or somewhere else to make sure you have it)
$1.00 per bag that the curbside porter takes for you (wanna make sure it get's on the ship)
$100.00 per person per port (covers, excursions or taxi or souviners)
$200.00 DCL Souviners (Covers my souviner and anything that I need to bring back home for gifts)
$200 Onboard misc. beverages, wine tasting, bingo, ect
Gratuties (I always pre-pay mine so I don't count that as part of my actual budget, and give a little extra as needed)

This may seem a bit $ $ $ but keep in mind I live in Central Florida so I don't have the expense of hotel/airfare and I usually get a Florida Resident Discount on the cruise.

Thanks for posting about the tolls. I couldn't remember how much we spent last trip(2009). I just remember being dollar and quartered to death every so many feet of driving!! :eek:

Parking at the port is going up to 20.00 starting jan 1 :(

Well that stinks! But thanks for posting that info! :thumbsup2

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER list out all of your expenses! That is the only way we can continue to travel! If I ever made a list like that, DH would drop dead!

:rotfl2: That's exactly what I was thinking!! Besides, if I actually looked at the list after I made it, I might get depressed.

This is our budget for my DH and I and our two daughters 6 and 12 at the time of the cruise for a deluxe stateroom with verandah.

We spent about $450 on our 3 night with the glass bottom boat tour, no pics and around $750 on our shipboard account for our 4 night including tips and no excursions, and pictures. Here's what our budget is so far...

$1300 roughly for 5 days 4 nights at POP plus meal plan (hoping for free dining which will bring our total to under a thousand)
$200.00 MNSSHP tickets
$150.00 Disney Souvies
$150.00 Disney tips
$1000 max for air fare (last time was able to get it for $500. have to wait and see)
$500.00 Dolphin enconter for two children and two adults approx (it's my dream to have a cabanna but I am not paying the $499 by myself)
$300 Souvies Tips
$250.00 Limo to and from Port including gratuity
$52 for airport limo to take us to and from airport
---------------------------------------------------
$3800 approx budget this doesn't include what we spent on our verandah cabin

Thank you for this thread. This is very helpful AND Scary as we are planning our 1st Cruise. Many of listed things we have yet to think of.
Keep them coming
Thanks

Oops I forgot to add the dog kennel to my budget. Hmm - I should actually remember to book the dog kennel. Picking up phone now.

What's an OBC and how do I get one?!

OBC = onboard credit, which you can use for anything while on board a cruise. This is offered directly from the cruiseline and/or travel agents. Note - Different agencies offer different incentives, so be sure to shop around. A great way to shop for obc's/incentives is via www.cruisecompete.com. You submit what you're looking for (i.e., the cruiseline, the dates, location, room categories, etc.) and wait for the travel agencies to respond with their incentives. Give it at least 3 days for all the agencies to see your request and respond. It's great in that it's anonymous. Meaning, they don't get your name/contact info unless you respond to their incentives.

So now you got me curious...so I added it up :scared1:

$7400 for the cruise (2 adults, 2 kids in a 5C room)
$383 for flights (had US Bank travel perks and got 3 tickets free saving $1150)
$600 for a car rental
$200 for parking
$150 for 5 nights in the hotel (saved a $1000 using Hilton Honors points)
$400 for pictures on the ship
$250 for tips
$3000 for excursions
$2000 for souvies
$500 for tours when we are in Vancouver and Seattle
$500 for dining

:scared1:$15,383 total:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter