Anyone done Marriott Horizons villas?

family taking a quick trip in November for 4 days for Epcot wine and festival. staying offsite cuz DH has mucho marriott points.

can only get Marriott Horizons villas. haven't heard too many good things on them from trip advisors.

did grande vista and loved it but they don't have my days

someone please tell me it is not as horrible as everyone on tripadvisor said :confused3

I haven't stayed there, but have read good things about the resort on the Timeshare Users Group bboard. It is particularly nice for kids. The Horizons projects were started as a "Marriott light" type resort, so it may not be exactly a full Marriott experience, but it should be satisfactory for a few days unless you're quite particular.

JMHO.

Sheila

Our family of 4 stayed at Horizons last year in October. We loved it. We will be going again in the fall. It was very clean and more than enogh room for everyone. The big screen t.v was nice too. The beds were comfy, and the pools were nice. Have fun.

We've never had a bad time @ Horizons ~ Ok, it was bad when both the kids got a nasty virus :crazy2: but the resort was wonderful helping us get the villa cleaned up.

Let's see what are our favorite things to do at Horizons by Marriott Orlando?:
The pirate pool with slides, 18 hole putt putt, basketball court, pool table, small arcade, pirate associates who have planned activities with our kids, face painting & raspberry lemonade when we check in, cane pole fishing, Hot Pepper the one man steel drum band, , ice cream sundaes, arts & crafts, 47" television, w/d, full kitchen, screened balcony, 2 bed/2 bath and WDW just minutes away.

PM me with more specific questions.
hth,

Judy

PS: There IS construction ongoing. There may be noise. Ask for bldg 12 or 13 so as not to hear the noise of I-4. Looking foward to the new pool being open which is now part of Water Works. The new pool is next to the putt putt.

swilshire said:
I haven't stayed there, but have read good things about the resort on the Timeshare Users Group bboard. It is particularly nice for kids. The Horizons projects were started as a "Marriott light" type resort, so it may not be exactly a full Marriott experience, but it should be satisfactory for a few days unless you're quite particular.

where is the timeshare users board, is one on here if not can you pm me with location please

HappyLawyer said:
where is the timeshare users board, is one on here if not can you pm me with location please

www.tug2.net

This is my favorite bulletin board. It's geared toward timeshare owners, but they have a special members only section with resort reviews for most timeshares. Those reviews alone have been well worth the modest membership fee (something like $10 or $15 a year).

You can read and post without being a paying member.

Come on over and check it out.

Sheila

We were just there in March and loved it. We requested either 14 or 15 and got it. The pool was outside our door. Big screen TV.The layout was open and breezy. No giant tub in the master bathroom but an extremely nice shower and we loved having the extra space in the kids room. It had 2 queens and they were quite comfy in there. We found the service to be excellent. The lake and trees with benches and swings gave it a peaceful, southern, feel. We've stayed in some very nice resorts including Cypress Harbour, Vistana, Star Island etc. and this may be our favorite. Don't worry, be happy! You'll love it.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter