Anyone done HOB brunch?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
We were interested in this until I read the review on Deb Wills site which was pretty brutal. Anyone have any experiences to share. Did you have time to eat?

TIA
Sue

We were thinking of doing this also until the *really stinky review* as read above.

Anyone gone lately, it sounds like it could be fun?

Lets hear from you out there.

Carol

Nevermind...House of Blues, right? Sometimes it is nice if a lesser known restaurant is written out in full once...lol, for those of us that don't always know what it is right off the bat.

I will share my experience with the brunch...trip was Jan.02

Called and made reservations they take your credit card at that time. There are two seatings one early I believe around 11:00am then another one later like 1:00pm. The farther away from the date you want to go the more choices you have for seats. When I called there were no seats not near the stage. The seating is groups (8 or 10 people) at round tables, some long tables, some 2 seater high stools w/round table (like what would be in a lounge type setting)

When you get there for brunch make sure you have the credit card with you that you make the reservation on because they will ask for it...the people next to me didn't have the original card and it looked like quite a hassle was happening for the customers. Everyone waits outside until they open the doors to go in. No need to push (I say this because people did!) you have assigned seating and are seated by an employee. Once shown to your seats they explain where & how to get your food. Our seats were right next to the stage & a large speaker! I knew this wasn't going to be good!

We went to get our food the lines weren't too long. There are several stations for food and drinks so it moved along well. I must now say the reason I was here was because my mom really wanted to go...I am not real crazy about spicy food but I do love my mom so I figured I could find something to eat. I played it safe and had eggs and corn muffins and some prime rib but much of the other food was spiced up (at least for me, mom even said some things were too spicy for her & she likes some kick to her food). The plan is that you get 45mins to get your food & eat and have a 45 min. gospel show but depending on how long the food lines are I can see how some could still be trying to eat when the music starts.

An employee was doing some announcing from the stage and it was extremly loud so I found another employee and asked if there wasn't somewhere else we could sit, the room downstairs was full. A very nice man said sure we could go upstairs and sit and eat and enjoy the show. This was the best! There is an elevator and we brought our plates with us and there were beverages being served up there.
The seating up stairs is bench type with plenty of room to spread out and have your own private table. There were some people up there but everyone had plenty of room. The view of the stage was great and we didn't have to have the musicians screaming on top of us.
The group was good, people got up and danced and sang along and then they asked people to come up on stage with them and plenty of people did! My mom wanted to go but she stayed upstairs and swayed to the music from our perch.

Mom had a good time but we decided that we probably wouldn't go again but if we did we would request seating upstairs right off the bat. It was never given as an option when I made the ressie. so unless you are " in the know" you wouldn't know to even ask for it. Also, for me I didn't eat enough to make the cost worth while. I do believe I received a discount with my Amex card. I am glad we did go once to try it.

Any specific questions I will be happy to try to remember the answers for you.

:) Colleen

Thank You! I think we will pass on this. There is no way I can get myself, DH and 3 DDs fed in less then 45minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter