• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done AK Bridal Portrait Sesh?

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
DF is interested in an Animal Kingdom bridal portrait session, so we're considering it rather than MK. Has anyone else done this, either as your only portrait session, or in combination with MK? Anyone have examples of their photos to share? (We've checked the pinterest boards and whatnot, but there's very little in comparison to Magic Kingdom and Epcot...) How early in the morning did you arrive/leave, etc? Any pros/cons?

We did MK and AK. I love our AK session photos. We were supposed to be picked up at 5am for both parks but there was some miscommunication and they went to the wrong hotel first so I'm not sure what time you would be picked up. As for photos
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG
That's all I have on my phone. We wet to Asia, Africa and the train station to Rafiki's Planet Watch or whatever it's called.

Last edited:
We just did a shoot in AK (followed by Epcot) a week and a half ago! I don't have any pictures yet, but it was a lot of fun! Our shoot started in AK at 7:30 AM, so we were picked up at our hotel at 7 AM. A few things about our shoot. The humidity was BONKERS in the park at that time already and my hair did not fair as well as I would have hoped, even with professional styling. We were able to pick the parts of the park we wanted photos in, so we did a bunch up toward Asia since we love that part of the park. Since you come in through the Africa area, if you want to venture away from that area, there is quite a bit of walking so be prepared for that and keep in mind walking from point to point eats into the hour you have for the shoot. I will share some photos once we get them back in a few weeks.

We did MK and AK. I love our AK session photos. We were supposed to be picked up at 5am for both parks but there was some miscommunication and they went to the wrong hotel first so I'm not sure what time you would be picked up. As for photos
View attachment 205988

View attachment 205989

View attachment 205990

View attachment 205991

View attachment 205992
That's all I have on my phone. We wet to Asia, Africa and the train station to Rafiki's Planet Watch or whatever it's called.

Beautiful photos! Thanks for the information. Curious who your photographer was?

We finally got out AK portrait session pictures back! My wife and I both opted to not re-wear our wedding dresses for this shoot. Here are some of the images our photographer, Joe, captured.

View attachment 210008 View attachment 210009 View attachment 210010 View attachment 210011 View attachment 210012 View attachment 210013

Thank you so much for this! Your photos are beautiful! You and your wife both look so in love. And AK makes a great backdrop for your pictures.

View attachment 205988

View attachment 205989

View attachment 205990

View attachment 205991

View attachment 205992

gorgeous photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter