Anyone doing the minnie solo???

disneyfanz04

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team Captain<br>
If so where are you staying????? What are your plans for the weekend(when are you arriving, leaving??)?? I really want to do this, but am a little nervous to do it alone.

I'm not going solo, but I'm not bringing the family either. Doing a girls weekend. My mom & best friend are coming & we are staying at POR. Come on, do it, with all us WISHers around you wont really be alone. We are coming in Friday & leaving Tuesday.

I was going to come alone if I couldnt talk mom & best friend into it. You can do it! It will be fun!!

Are there a bunch of Diser's doing it together??? Then at least I wouldn't feel like I was alone. I am going to call and book my hotel tonight, and do my registration tonight. I have never stayed at POR so maybe I will give it a whirl. Can you still get a discount on the room if you book through WDW???? Thanks!!!

I had WDW email me package info and ouch, I am thinking about booking it on my own or through AAA.

You will enjoy the race even if you are going there by yourself. As a single female, I have participated the Disney half and full marathon by myself several times. I use common sense and the same safety precautions like everyone else. I have yet to sign up for the Minnie race. If I do, it will most likely I am going by myself again. I have never met any DISers because I always "lurk" and don't post. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Anyway, go for it - you will have fun!

To get the really good discount for the rooms you have to go thru Anthony Travel. They are cheaper than even the AP codes that just came out. They are Disney's agency for handling the sports events.

Oh-and we are having a WISH meet on Saturday at Earl of Sandwich so you can come meet everyone & have fun. If you stay at POR you are welcome to come to the start with us in the a.m.

TiffJ said:
Oh-and we are having a WISH meet on Saturday at Earl of Sandwich so you can come meet everyone & have fun. If you stay at POR you are welcome to come to the start with us in the a.m.

Thank you so much...I signed up last night for the MInnie...I cannot tell you how excited I am...now all I have to do is find some cheap airfare and I will be good to go. How are you getting to the race?? I think I may be renting a car. Anyway, I think I am going to go ahead and book through anthony for POR since I have never stayed there. Ans put me down the Earl of Sandwich. I would love to meet some of the people I associate on a daily basis/ :goodvibes

TiffJ said:
To get the really good discount for the rooms you have to go thru Anthony Travel. They are cheaper than even the AP codes that just came out. They are Disney's agency for handling the sports events.

Hey Tiff, does this agency just handle the Minnie? Has anyone received a quote from them for Marathon weekend?

Colleen

Colleen-They are handling all the WDW WOW events- Danskin, FL 1/2 ironman, the inline skating event. I got POR for $104/night & they quoted ASp for $84. I think POR is a much better bargain. The web address is anthonytravel.com and they have been very friendly to deal with. I'm glad you're coming! Stay at POR too & we can have a big pool party.

Michelle-I am waiting for a good DING rate myself. We are probably going to rent a car for Sat-Mon from the car care center & use ME to get too & from the airport. Can't wait to meet you.

Tiff,

Thanks for the information. That is a great rate for POR! :thumbsup2 I haven't signed up yet. If I went, I would be going solo as well. That pool party does sound good. It would be great to have people to hang out with.
We will see. :scratchin

Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter