Anyone do a "welcome basket" to Universal?

heatherenae71

I fly so high I never land
We're doing a split stay at Universal and WDW. For when we get to Disney, I have a basket of items I'll set out in the room to surprise the kids with (it contains an autograph book, a pressed penny book - with rolls of pennies and quarters, lanyards and some trading pins, a Mr. Potato head and a plush Goofy and Minnie.)

Should I put something together for when we're at Universal? Are autograph books and pressed penny machines a big deal there? I've read that pin trading isn't as big as it is at Disney. What would be some other items unique to Universal I could throw in?

My kids will be 8 and 4...my son will love Harry Potter, the marvel comics and Jurassic park (and heck, probably even Dr. Seuss) - oh and Men in Black and Mummy ride!!!...my daughter will be giddy about meeting Spongebob and Dora, and also Dr. Seuss :goodvibes

YES you can get a autograph book, we saw Dora/Diego, Spongebob, Scooby/SHaggy, shrek/donkey

and my 9 Year old LOVES the pressed pennies!

we do the pressed pennies and autograph book too

lots of great pins also - we have the Cat in the Hat lanyards

Great question. Thanks for asking. We are doing Universal for the first time with kids in a few months. I've never been with kids so this will be a whole new experience for us. I didn't realize characters were even there.

You can trade pins with any TM wearing a lanyard:thumbsup2

So many really cute plush & other souvieneers in the park i've not seen elsewhere, not to forget the thing #1 & thing #2 t-shirts;). You could just buy a gift card for each child and enclose in a greeting card addressed from their favorite charactar.

You can trade pins with any TM wearing a lanyard:thumbsup2

So many really cute plush & other souvieneers in the park i've not seen elsewhere, not to forget the thing #1 & thing #2 t-shirts;). You could just buy a gift card for each child and enclose in a greeting card addressed from their favorite charactar.

and to add to the thing 1 and thing 2, there is a "mother of all things" and a "father of all things" SO CUTE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter