Anyone cruised in Dec.?

lilo62

I want to live in the castle!
My 2005 trip keeps moving up in the months - gotta use those DVC points strategically!:earsgirl:

Was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on crusing in Dec. Heard it was the month with the calmest waters and still great mid 80 temps!

:space: (wishing to be dropped back on the cruise ship!)

We've cruised during 3 of the past 4 Decembers, always during the first week (my birthday is the 4th). I think the weather is great during this time of year. The water in the Caribbean is usually very warm. On Castaway Cay, it's a bit cooler, but still plenty swimable. The air temps are mid-80s, very nice. Yes, you could run into a (relatively) cold snap, but the odds are it will be warm.

Not only is the weather great, but the ship is beautifully decorated for the holidays...also, there are holiday activities such as a tree lighting ceremony and Mrs Claus reading to the children...

we went this past Christmas and had wonderful weather, and no problems with water temps, but then we are from the middle of Iowa where anything above 50 degrees seems like a heat wave to us!

We went this past december as well. We left on the 6th I think and the weather was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! It was a little chilly the first day at Port Canaveral but once we got out to see it was perfect! The water was nice on the Eastern. Now, last year I took the 4-day to the bahamas and the weather was great but the water was a little chilly. It is a great time if you go the first two weeks because it is not so busy. Have fun!

Gina::MinnieMo

We did 12/14/03 and the weather was fine on the cruise, save for CC was a little windy and water tad chilly.

WDW was a different story - in the low 40s most nights.

goingbacksoon

I heard the water was a little chilly from others as well - is it too chilly for a swim? Land temps mid 80's? Is that accurate?

We will be doing the Western (hopefully!)

chilly may be a relative term. The Western ports will be plenty warm for you. The pools will be fine and CC you will probably find the coolest temps, but as I see you being from CT you will probably find it just fine. May take a minute to get used to it, but we went in Jan and swam at CC just fine. 80's sounds right for temperatures too. High 70's at CC. (this of course, was for January, but close)

We went on the Mousefest cruise right after Thanksgiving last year.

We were on the 4 day cruise, departing on Sunday. We flew into Orlando on Saturday.

It was cool, maybe I should have said cold. No one, not even the kids were in the pool nor the hot tub at the Radisson. There were freeze warnings that evening.

I'm relating this, because in Fl, you can get a cold snap. It usually does not last long.

We sailed on Sunday to Nassau, a little cool that day, but I was determined and I wore shorts. Afterall I'm on vacation.

Monday in Nassau, shorts and tank tops. A bit overcast most of the day. We did not do a beach thing or pools. - Just because it was not in our plans.

Tuesday, Beach day for the ladies and golf for the guys in Freeport. It was nice and warm, a little breezy but not bothersome. We did not go in the water nor the pool at Port Lucaya, water not warm enough. Did the pool and hot tub when we got back to the ship.

Wednesday at CC. Beautiful day, nice and warm. Water was a bit cool when you first put your feet in. Most people at Serenity Bay were not in the water. I said, this could be my only trip to the Bahamas, so I'm going in the water. Actually the water was great. It was cool but not that biting cold you get at the beaches up in New England.

We are going again this December.

:teeth:

We went on the 12/14/03 Eastern cruise, the weather was Mid-80's except for CC. Ten years ago, we went in the first week of December and the weather was the same. This is my favorite time of the year to cruise, because you get to leave the cold NE weather for warm temp's!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter