anyone cruise with oxygen?

goofyshell

DIS Veteran
We're cruising next year on a seven day Western (yeah!) and my parents are planning to go with us. My mom has to sleep with oxygen and asked if Disney can provide oxygen. I had never heard anything about this and thought surely someone here would know how taking/getting oxygen would work.
She said she couldn't fly (from Kansas City) with oxygen and that's why she would need to get it there. Anyone know? Thanks!!

My Mom was also on oxygen and the company that supplied her told us they would deliver it to any where we traveled. They have places all over. I would contact her oxygen supplier and ask them if they could deliver it to the ship. You might also want to contact DCL to find out what you need to do to make sure it is delivered to your room.

Teri

i suggest you call DCL about this.
The reason she can't bring oxygen, is the airlines do not permit it for security reasons. If you need oxygen on the airplane (won't she? most people who need oxygen, need it on airplanes, which are only pressurized to the altitude of denver)....
if you need oxygen on the plane, you have to order it from the airline on which you're flying....(and you have to pay them for it)..

by the same token, it stands to reason that DCL might, for security reasons, require you to order the oxygen through them.

And even if they don't, they probably have a list of local oxygen suppliers...

Also, if you're staying in a hotel before or after the cruise you should contact the hotel directly to get the names of local suppliers...
most good hotels have a list of suppliers...

by the way, this is not at all unusual...lots and lots of people require oxygen....to fly....and wherever they are on vacation...
my sister made it all the way to hawaii (it takes 4 tanks of air to get her there) and the local supplier had her oxygen waiting for her in maui....

Thanks for the replies! I'll contact DCL and find out what their procedure is. I guess I should have my mom contact her supplier too. Thanks again, I can always find an answer here.

Hi-
Sounds like you got your question answered, if you still aren't sure, i just wanted to add that the Pass porter (cruise edition) actually has a small paragraph on this...we have the same issue and our hometown O2 supplier is calling the place listed in Passporter to make arrangements for delivery right to the dock. (I'd give youthe name and number, but my book is borrowed right now! :confused: ) If you still need help, PM me and I'll send you that phone number when the book returns...good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter