Anyone buy from Butterfly Photo ???

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Butteryfly Photo has some great prices on the 2 cameras I'm looking at. They seem to have positive ratings from pricegrabber. Any opinions???

Butteryfly Photo has some great prices on the 2 cameras I'm looking at. They seem to have positive ratings from pricegrabber. Any opinions???

My buddy purchased a Video camera from the about 2-3 years ago. 3 days after placing the order online they called to confirm it and while they were at it they tried to sell him some high priced accessories. He declined, they said ok and told him they would ship the next morning.

In conclusion, YES if he got the sony at a very good price. BUT it did not ship until 4 days after ordering even though he had paid $15 extra to get expedited delivery. If he had not answered his phone that night it might not even have shipped until later. My friend is a big fan of Buydig/beachcamera and would have ordered from them if they had carried Sony products at the time, items are usually delivered for free within the time period butterfly used to make the confirmation call.

I have also read on other forums that while they(butterfly) do deliver on advertised prices most of the time, they do place high pressure sales calls under the "confirm purchase" umbrella.

I've ordered twice from them and in both cases, I did get the "order confirmation" call that was a thinly disguised attempt to sell additional accessories. In both cases, though, the caller was very polite and did NOT try to put the high pressure sales pitch on me. I quickly stated that I was not interested in any additional items, whereupon he stated that the order would ship that day or next (I don't remember which) and it did. All other things being equal, I'd prefer to buy from B&H or Beach/Buydig, but if the savings warranted it, would not be opposed to Butterfly.

~YEKCIM

I've purchased 3 cameras from Butterfly, never had a shipping issue at all. The 'confirm purchase' call came within hours of my order, and really was that for me, since I am what you might call an accessory junkie, I don't think they had anything left to sell me! In fact the last one I bought they upgraded me to expedited shipping just because I asked if I got any bonus for buying every add on imaginable. :)

Thanks for the replies. They are about $25 cheaper than Beachcamera so I'll have to decide if its worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter