• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone bought travel insurance from CSA Travel Protection?

donmil723

Stormalong Bay/Castaway Cay Beach Bum
I went to insuremytrip.com and looked at several insurance policies. The CSA WebDirect seemed to have the best coverage at the best price. It was about $30 cheaper than Access America and had more coverage. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

Also, since I booked my cruise separate from my air fare, rental car, and hotel accommodations for the land portion of our trip, do I include the costs of all of these in the total price of our trip? I'm a DVC member and will be staying on points after the cruise. Is there a way to insure that portion of my trip too?

We don't have any pre-existing health conditions just want coverage in case of a family emergency like we experienced last summer. We didn't have trip insurance last summer when we were scheduled to go on our cruise and we had to cancel the day before while we were at WDW because my dad became seriously ill and only had a short time to live. DCL was great and allowed us to rebook our cruise, SWA only charged us a nominal amount to change our flights, and DVC gave us back our unused points but I don't want to chance it again without insurance.
Thanks!

Donna

Good morning Donna,

We have used CSA for all our cruises which will now total 4 in less than 50 days.

When we went on our first cruise which was Princess Cruise lines and we had booked thru a TA, they recommended using CSA for travel insurance.

Even though we have never had to use it, the fact that my TA recommended it and it's so easy to book it online I keep using the same company.

Good luck on your selection, but what ever you decide. Please get insurance, because YOU NEVER KNOW.

Kennyk

Sorry Donna,

Didn't see second part of your question.

When you use CSA, and probably the other travel insurance companies also, they are insuring the total cost of the trip. When you submit the price for the amount of coverage, you need to include all those costs, air, hotel, cruise, excursions, etc.

As far as DVC reservations. I know when we book DVC resorts we get in the reservation envelope a travel insurance pamplet. Never used it, but I would call MS and ask if you don't have the insert in your reservation docs.

Good luck.

Kennyk

Be sure to check access americas family plan that insures kids for free. Is saving us a bunch of $$$$.

Originally posted by Padre Disney
Be sure to check access americas family plan that insures kids for free. Is saving us a bunch of $$$$.

I just bought our travel insurance this morning through Access America, and I used their "Family Care" plan which insures kids under age 18 for free as long as they are traveling with their parents or grandparents. HOWEVER, this is a benefit of AAA. You don't have to have booked your trip through AAA, and I didn't have to give Access America my AAA number this morning when I bought the insurance, but if anything happens and you need to use this insurance, then you'd need to produce your AAA card/info.

Also, and this may be a personal preference issue, but I only insured our trip for what I've pre-paid for, such as the cruise itself and our airfare. As for excursions, I think if you have a medical emergency, Disney isn't going to charge you if you have to cancel.

So basically I've insured our trip for the things that wouldn't be refundable if we had to cancel at the last minute.

P.S. If you do have AAA, here's the link to Access America's web site which includes the Family Care plan: www.accessamerica.com/aaa I got the info from the web site but I called their toll free number and bought the insurance over the phone. The woman I spoke to was very nice, and helpful.

I just called and was told that you did not need to be with AAA to purchase the insurance and if for some reason you do need to file a claim you do not need to be a AAA member.
So I guess if you are really interested you should probably call and double check your self.

We are purchasing ours today.:D

Originally posted by Padre Disney
I just called and was told that you did not need to be with AAA to purchase the insurance and if for some reason you do need to file a claim you do not need to be a AAA member.
So I guess if you are really interested you should probably call and double check your self.

We are purchasing ours today.:D

I guess we were given conflicting information from customer service reps at Access America. :confused:

The thing is, if you don't know the exact link to access this plan (www.accessmerica.com/aaa) including that "aaa" extension of their URL, then you cannot access that area of their web site. This is what concerned me, and it's why I asked about it when I called this morning. If it was on their home page, accessible by anyone, then I wouldn't think twice about it.

Thanks for the replies and clarifying what I need to include in the total cost! I will probably go with CSA. I did try access america and it wasn't much more expensive but it had less coverage than csa. Besides our two "kids" are 19, so we don't qualify for the free kids rate.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter