Anyone bought AAA tickets lately?

MeganAnne

Earning My Ears
I went to my local AAA today (in the Chicago-area, if that matters) to ask about purchasing tickets through them, and I was told that they stopped selling park tickets in May and wouldn't be selling them again until the end of January at the earliest. Apparently, they're moving to a system where they can sell you Magic Your Way tickets instead of just standard park hopper tickets (though that applies to WDW not DL so...) :confused3
Has anyone else experienced this? Is it an isolated incident or something happening at all AAAs? I was considering buying Passport Plus tickets through AAA, but now I'm worried about if they'll be available in time for our March trip. Not to mention I was really curious about handling fees. :sad2:

Please help me, wonderful Disers! :worship:

I tried for tickets from AAA for our December trip, and I only needed tickets, no package deal, and I was told they did not sell just tickets any more.

I purchased DLR park hopper tickets as a Christmas gift about a week before Christmas from AAA here in Seattle..... no problem. They are good through January 2013.

I bought our 5 day park hoppers for last fall through AAA (Seattle area). I bought them online last June. I just checked the Washington state AAA website and they are selling them. I logged in, put some parkhoppers in my cart, and it offers several options for shipping/picking up. I didn't buy them, but I would think if they weren't selling them they wouldn't let me go that far.

Have you tried to book online? We have AAA through the Chicago motor club, and had no trouble booking online.

I just purchased 5 day parkhopper tickets for my 7 year old and myself. Nothing else. Total $455.00, parking included, for 5 days and priority seating for (1) show. I was also told that I could schedule character dining at the same time, as well as buy a meal package with snacks etc.

Bought them in Lewisville TX - the agent literally had Disneyland on the phone and purchased directly from them. My debit card reflects "Disney Worldwide Service POS".

The funny thing is that I attempted to buy the tickets at a smaller AAA closer to my house and they did not sell the tickets without my also making a hotel reservation at the same time. We did not need a hotel as we are bunking with my hubby while he is out there.

I just bought three day park hoppers at the AAA in Sacramento this week. They seem to be the same ones for sale on Disney's website. $199 for adults. I bought tickets only.

My DBF just went in to a AAA here in San Jose, CA today to price 6-day park hoppers and the agent gave him a price for tickets only. Maybe it depends on the state in which you purchase the tickets? :confused3 Just so you know, the promotional e-tickets that are available from disneyland.com are actually cheaper than the tickets from AAA right now because AAA charges a fee for booking. If a AAA agent says that they're the same price as disneyland.com, he/she isn't accurate. The agent my DBF spoke with claimed that disneyland.com charges the same fees as AAA, but this isn't currently the case. The agent may not have been aware that disneyland.com is running a promotion right now.

Working via email with AAA Carolina, they said they were unaware of any AAA tickets separate from packages. The agent even got in contact with a SoCal AAA agent who said that they don't sell tickets separately either - only in a package.

Since AAA deals don't really seem to be consistent across clubs - and I can't figure out how to purchase tickets online from a club that might actually have them - I'll probably purchase mine elsewhere. We'll be there in July, so I'm kind of waiting until the end of this month to see if there are any good deals available.

I just returned from my local AAA office (AAA South in Florida). I was still able to get tickets at the old price, they indicated it takes several days for them to update the prices in their system, so the new prices won’t o into effect for several days. I also inquired and read every bit of documentation on the voucher and the receipt, and it appears that there is no restriction to how long you can wait to redeem the voucher. So you CAN purchase your vouchers for the next ## years at yesterdays prices. And you CAN still purchase Child (3-9) vouchers as well.

It’s a lot of money to dump today into tickets for the next several years of vacations, but how is it any different then buying into DVC? Pay today for future vacations (w/o the annual maintenance fees). Annual passes have increasing at about a rate of 5-7% per year that’s more then I’m making on any of my Money Market or CD accounts. So this is a worth while investment – especially on the Child tickets.

I saved $262.35 on this years passes for our family by renewing at yesterdays rate. That would be over a $400 savings next year when I have to start purchasing at ticket for my soon to be 3 year old.

I just checked my local AAA website in Oregon, and the website states that select Disneyland tickets are available for sale at local AAA branches. So, tickets are available for purchase here without being part of a package.

Touring Plans had a blog about tickets last week that you could still buy the AAA Passport Packages for the old prices through June 11, 2012.

We purchased in March and still have not received tickets. We were told that WDTC will not send them until 21 days before your arrival.

I found the downtown Chicago AAA Disney agent rather useless. (and VERY WDW focused). I handled things over the phone, so maybe its better in person? (In my situation, I asked for hotel and tickets, and the agent was adding in dining plans when I just asked for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, etc.) She didn't seem to understand DL. I ended up jumping ship to Costco because the experience was so frustrating.

I've had the same problem with trying to get them here in Pennsylvania. The branches around here don't sell them. But they're happy to sell me tickets to Walt Disney World. I've tried looking at some other AAA sites. But most of them don't allow you to register for them unless you're from the area. Honestly, I can't believe that, in this day and age, that AAA can't at least come up with a site for their Travel Center that would allow any member from around the country to access it for booking trips and getting tickets to attractions.

I tried to see if there was some place online that I could purchase them online, but didn't have any luck. But I did get an 800 number for the CA/NV branch of AAA. I was hoping to call and see if they could sell and ship the tickets to me. I don't know if anyone else has tried this. If not, I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

But I did get an 800 number for the CA/NV branch of AAA. I was hoping to call and see if they could sell and ship the tickets to me. I don't know if anyone else has tried this. If not, I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

I just logged into csaa.com to take a look for you. Yes, they sell tickets-only without a package, though you have to look for them. They appear to be exactly what Disney sells online -- 1 to 5 days, park-per-day or hoppers, at the same prices as Disney online. The one extra perk for buying from CSAA is that it includes free parking.

The web site says the tickets are valid through Dec 31 2013.

HTH,
Bob

I've had the same problem with trying to get them here in Pennsylvania. The branches around here don't sell them. But they're happy to sell me tickets to Walt Disney World. I've tried looking at some other AAA sites. But most of them don't allow you to register for them unless you're from the area. Honestly, I can't believe that, in this day and age, that AAA can't at least come up with a site for their Travel Center that would allow any member from around the country to access it for booking trips and getting tickets to attractions.

I tried to see if there was some place online that I could purchase them online, but didn't have any luck. But I did get an 800 number for the CA/NV branch of AAA. I was hoping to call and see if they could sell and ship the tickets to me. I don't know if anyone else has tried this. If not, I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

Same here is MA
We booked our west coast cruise through AAA and when I asked about DL tickets I was told they don't sell them w/o a package!
B/c we are not staying at a DL hotel we can not buy tickets.. However my mother went into a AAA office in OR and they sell them...:confused3

I was going to call that office pay for them over the phone and have my mother pick them up..

Same here is MA
We booked our west coast cruise through AAA and when I asked about DL tickets I was told they don't sell them w/o a package!
B/c we are not staying at a DL hotel we can not buy tickets.. However my mother went into a AAA office in OR and they sell them...:confused3

I was going to call that office pay for them over the phone and have my mother pick them up..

After visiting my local AAA office today, I can offer more help. If you're just looking to purchase Disneyland tickets, they seem to only sell them at the AAA branches in the western part of the country. However, they do have the Passport Plus option that you can get at any branch throughout the country. It has everything that AAA offers if you'd book a complete Disneyland vacation package through AAA, minus the hotel. You can get a 2-6 day Park Hopper Souvineer ticket, one Magic Morning early admission, preferred seating at select shows at California Adventure, free parking and a AAA discount card to save at places throughout the resort. I paid $288 total for a 4-day one.

If you do ask about it at your AAA location, tell them that AAA doesn't consider it just tickets, but a package. It's actually listed on the second to last page of their Disneyland brochure. The agent I dealt with wasn't sure what it was and had to call Disneyland to find out about it. So, if you ask at your local branch, you may want to suggest that if they aren't sure. But, per their contract with Disneyland, every AAA sells the Disneyland Passport Plus package. So, whatever you do, don't let them tell you that they don't sell it there.

Hope this helps you out. And hope you enjoy your trip.

I just picked up my AAA Passport Plus Package tickets and was told the same things as imthewalrus. AAA Texas has never had Disneyland tickets to sell, only packages. The Passport Plus is a package and most AAA travel agents are NOT familiar with it (even though it is in the brochure). The 6 day parkhopper is still available with the Passport Plus Package. When I initially called Disneyland directly (in March) the Disneyland rep offered to book the AAA Passport Package for me. So, you may be able to book directly through WDTC.

The Passport Plus Package includes:
*park hopper souvenir ticket (that means it is plastic)
*free parking
*one magic morning
*magical extras coupon booklet (which includes coupons for: collectible pin and lanyard, preferred seating to one of the DCA shows, 50% off round-trip fares to South Coast Plaza Shopping Center, one entry to Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, and the 2012 Diamond Savings Card)

We paid $1017 for 4 adult 6-day parkhoppers, but that was before the price increase.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter