Anyone bothered by sea lice lately?

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Should I make it a point to buy Safe Sea before we go? Can you get it at Ron Jon's?

Hi Samsma.

Anyone bothered by sea lice lately?

No. Just inconsiderate drivers...

Should I make it a point to buy Safe Sea before we go?

You can. Another option is if you are having The Perfect Gift deliver a welcome aboard basket for the kids, Shirley will (if you request) include it in their basket of seafaring treasures...

Oh BD how I appreciate that advice about Shirley. I forgot to send away for Safesea and you just solved my problem. Thanks very much. :D

No one in our party of 14 people were affected by sea lice on our 5/10 Western trip. Either we were lucky or it's not a significant problem this year. I warned everyone about it, but none of us remembered to get Safesea before we got on the ship...
:p

Good morning thedisneymom - you're most welcome.

Hi MFan.

I warned everyone about it, but none of us remembered to get Safesea before we got on the ship...

I, too, have fallen victim to the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do-because-I-forgot syndrome...

No one seemed bother by them on the 5/17 cruise either. They say May in the Bahamas are the season for them so we were prepared but had no problems.

MJ

DS, myself and DH just got back from the 7 night Eastern and my poor DH got attacked by those darned critters at Castaway Cay.

Be careful they're out there :p

We also just got back from the Eastern and no problems with sea lice, but we didn't go in the water at St. Maarten. At St. Thomas my DD(8) encountered a 1" jellyfish and had a small irritation on her arm. This was the day after our viewing on board of "Finding Nemo" so she called the jellyfish "Squishy" and said "Bad Squishy". The irritation lasted less than 24 hours.

Bruce

I am not sure what Safe Sea is? Is it a shampoo? How is it used? We are going in Oct. on the 7 day Eastern. Are we safe then?

my oldest forgot to put the Safe Sea on at Castaway Cay and he now has a nasty rash on his chest...he wore his shirt most of the day, in the water and out due to the intense sun.

none of the rest of us had any problem, but then we used it in all three ports of call (CC, Cozumel and Grand Cayman). Using the product, though, you don't know if they were out there and it worked OR they weren't there and you wasted your money and time applying the Safe Sea. i'm hoping the former and given my son's discomfort with his rash, i'm guessing i'm right.

perchinske....safe sea is a sunscreen product that is worn underneath your bathing suit or other clothing to prevent the sting of the sea lice (which are actually small jellyfish/larvae). you wear it under your suit/clothing as they only sting when there is the contact rub of clothing pushing them against your skin. there is a thread listed at the top of the first page that covers the whole topic of sea lice. i think (but read the thread) that october may be late for sea lice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter